Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few months ago i bought an Alpine 50x4 headunit and because of my carelessness it was just a matter of time before one of my stock speakers distorts.
Anyways when i put the volume low the right rear speaker makes a cracking distorting sound so i guess its gone the other 3 stock speakers are fine. The left front speaker makes a little cracking sound but very hard to notice.
I plan to replace the rear speakers but if the front speakers are the same as the rear speakers then im going to get the keep the 2 best stocks and throw away the other 2 and buy components. I have 2 options but dont know which is best

1) components for the rear and the tweeters aboe the front seatbelts near the roof
2) components for the front and tweeters in the doors

Money isnt a problem but i dont want to spend alot since im not into loud music i just want decent bass.
fanx

·
Registered
903 Posts
if you want to save yourself alot of money.... go buy orion 6.5 coaxails.... they will blow away alot of the low end components (which usually are about $400 and less) and they only cost about $85-$120 depending where you shop.

if you are just running them off the deck components wont help out to much. and dont ever run components in the rear.. good sound q is hardly any rear speakers. just rear fill is all you need(atleast thats the way i am and anybody that compeets) what i did was i got 2 sets of the orions and mine are about half way to the front (on the deck settings) i dont know about your deck but mines got 25 dashes to go to the front then 25 back so thats a pretty big range which most decks dont have. but you can still even it out.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Best speakers in the front...that's where you sit!

Just go to a car audio store and listen to the speakers. Pick what sounds best. Everyone's ears are different, so it can be hard to make a recommendation.

(My hearing is well above average so some speakers sound crappy to me that everyone else raves about, for example)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know if the front speakers are exactly the same as the rear speakers, because my left front and right rear dont work properly. I was wondering if i have to replace both the front and rear OR just replace the rear and put one of the stock rear speakers in the front.

PS: i know its about what i think sounds good but just want to know what brands to look out for any suggestions on speakers? JL, Alpine, Pioneer ???

thanks

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Front and rear are the same.

As far as brand, get what sounds good to YOU. I personally feel there is no need for very expensive speakers in a car. It's a car, not a studio. Don't buy into the "these $500 components are what you need" scenario.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
GSR_J on Apr/17/04 said:
Front and rear are the same.

As far as brand, get what sounds good to YOU. I personally feel there is no need for very expensive speakers in a car. It's a car, not a studio. Don't buy into the "these $500 components are what you need" scenario.
not being an A$$ but personally is right...personally I'm in my car listening to music more then I am at any other place...but your right...the get the Orion advice should be thrown out the window sound is relative to the listener so take a day where you can go listen to speakers and decide for yourself and please NEVER take advice on what sounds good from someone else

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Jason84 on Apr/17/04 said:
if you are just running them off the deck components wont help out to much. and dont ever run components in the rear.. good sound q is hardly any rear speakers. just rear fill is all you need(atleast thats the way i am and anybody that compeets) what i did was i got 2 sets of the orions and mine are about half way to the front (on the deck settings) i dont know about your deck but mines got 25 dashes to go to the front then 25 back so thats a pretty big range which most decks dont have. but you can still even it out.
Sorry but if you compete you should know a lot more. It's not the fact that's it's a component set it's how well they handle the power that's given to them and a number of other factors. No components in the back is a matter of taste, but for most they are fine with having a set of 2-way coax (anything more 3/4-way coax is a waste and does nothing for the sq...well it may hurt it a tad), but again that is just the average listeners preference. As for turning down the rear. I have all my speakers going same power, but I have an alpine 9815 which has time correction so the sound from ALL the speakers including the sub gets to me at the same time which i seriously doubted would help much when I bought it but wow is all I can say.

Anyway my point here is just because someone compeets doesn't make what you do right! Someone that compeets should know not to recommend a speaker rather they will give you their preference on a brand (not the specific speaker) and have you listen to them, not just say here spend your money on these speakers their great

·
Registered
14 Posts
i just finished installing 6x9" in the back and it makes a helluva difference. stock speakers on my teg were 5 & 1/4" in the front and 6.5" in the back, i fit 6" jl speakers in the front and the 6x9 in the back if u dont mind drilling and sanding a little ;) also, its 1000x easier to change the front speakers since the back you'll prolly need to take out the seat/plastic moulding to get at them. took bout 4 hrs, 1st time try. good luck peace out.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i thought the front and rear speakers were differnt in our cars i kno there both 6.5's but my front were 5w and back were 15w.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
MLu1 on Apr/18/04 said:
i thought the front and rear speakers were differnt in our cars i kno there both 6.5's but my front were 5w and back were 15w.
As long as I didn't receive false or incomplete information on these forums, yes, they're different. There was a topic not too long ago about this, saying that there's a whizzer cone on the fronts.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
they are not the same
i know i changed all four to jbl power p652s speakers
front have a high end tweeter and woofer and back have mid tweeter and woofer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts