Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have them? I am starting to really like them but wonder, how do you install them? How much are they? I figure you have to drill a hole in your headlight housing or somthing to install them, or where ever else you want to put them...what do you all think?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've heard it's harder in our cars because we have projector headlights, so if you drill it wrong then you'll damage the headlight housing. Don't get caught using them while you're driving, you might get a ticket for impersonating an officer. Major offense.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You can do strobes inside the car or outside. I'm not sure which one he is talking about. Do you want them in the car? or do you want them in the headlights and turn signals?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want it out side, and I thought about that, that it might be hard to do it to our projector headlights. So what about in the turn signals? Or in the reverse light housing?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Do it in the high beam housing and back up light housing. People usually use them to start and end a race. You can also use them to flash stop lights to turn green... the strobe lights make the stop lights think that you are a emergency vehicle. It is a pretty fat ticket if you get caught though.

·
Registered
744 Posts
You could try putting them in your bumper lenses. Those clear corners cost less than $30 so they'd be easy to replace if you don't want that drilled hole anymore.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I currently have them in my bumbper lenses and i don't have a clue how to get to the high or low beams to but them in. But I have two other pairs sitting in my car I am probably going to put them in my reverse lights and attempt to put them in my head lights. I will take some pictures of what i currently have though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
strobes in the headlights i dont believe would be a good idea because of the projectors i am putting them in the bumper housings and backup lights

·
Registered
763 Posts
RollingxNonstop on 16/June/2002 said:
You can also use them to flash stop lights to turn green... the strobe lights make the stop lights think that you are a emergency vehicle. It is a pretty fat ticket if you get caught though.
i dont know if that works, it has to flash at the same frequency as emergency vehicles, and they probably dont

·
Registered
181 Posts
y not put them in the grill?? I had a friend who had an si and put strobes in his grill, looked really sick at nite!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
strobes in headlights bad idea? doesn't it get extremely hot in there? dunno if it can handle the heat. i would want them in the bumper lense

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
O.K well I got some and the install looks easy as ish, but loocking around for info on installing them someone metioned hooking the power wire to your batery. Isn't that to much power? The stobe kit I have says hook it up to a 12v power source. Where could I get one under the hood? And should I run it through a fuse to prevent fire?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts