Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
TurboLS on Sep/13/07 said:
Yes, you definitely have a serious problem there if you are using the correct plug wire on your timing light.

Things to check:

When you check ignition timing, make sure you bridge the service connector

Check that the crank and cam gears line up at cylinder 1 TDC

Try rotating your distributor to get to 16 degrees BTDC. If you can't get there by rotating the dizzy and your service connector is bridged, this means your timing belt is off and needs to be re-installed or replaced.
dude your wrong he said he had the timing light set to zero meaning that it wil show the white tdc mark on the crank pully. if you want to see what your timing is in relevance to a 16 degree scale (red mark) then set the gun to 16 and you will see that mark. btw your car would idle like crap and you would only get about 10 to 15 in/hg if your timing was that far off. as to your overheating issue try doing a leakdon test i had a similar issue on a friends car that had a very minor head leak (internal)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
no problem man i didnt mean to freak out so bad like that but when i see something that could potentialy destroy a motor like advanceing a dizzy 16 degrees i tend to freak out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.