Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5 speed 91 Teg LS was in need of a tuneup so I did a complete job including wires, rotor, cap, plugs, O2 sensor,K&N air filter, fuel filter,and pcv valve. I removed the EACV and cleaned it and ran a couple of bottles of STP fuel injector treatment through the fuel system.My car is running much better but there is still a bit of hesitation. When I first start the car and drive before the temp gauge reaches normal operating temperature(11:30 position)the car runs perfect like new.
But when the gauge reaches the 11:30 position there tends to still be a bit of hesitation and I have to give it a bit more gas . Anyone have any Ideas???

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might still be burning through the stp fuel cleaner. That has happened to me. Depending on how long ago you added it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
maybe a valve adjustment , carbon cleaning. kinda sounds like you could be running slightly lean.when a car is cold its running richer and as the car warms up the coolant temp sensor controls the fuel mixture and leans it out accordingly. as for the carbon cleaning if the car has alot of miles the carbon builds up and the fuel actually gets soaked into it and can cause a lean condition.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i have the same problem in my 91, especially in second gear. i have new everything as far as tuning goes so i think it might be my valve need adjusting.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Maybe:

-Spark plugs are fouled
-Fuel filter clogged
-Air leak in ur intake manifold
-Problem in ur fuel injection system

When u say u give it more gas, do u push the pedal all the way to the ground?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts