Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was hoping someone could help me out with this. My stick shift started rattleling and making noises yesterday after I hit a speed bump, the weird thing is it only happens on first and third gear while I'm resting my hand on the stick,
when my hand is off it doesn't make any noise, also I can shift just fine.

could it be I damaged the gear box?

I have a lowered 5 speed 94 integra rs

any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Get under the car and check the bolt that attaches the shift lever to the linkage, it may have come loose. You also may have bumped the exhaust into the lever going over that speed bump....and now the heatshield may be rattling.

·
Registered
420 Posts
DC24life on Sep/17/07 said:
dont leave your hand on the shifter?
Yea... I was going to say that too.. apparently its bad to rest your hand on it when your not shifting because it can cause premature wear on your transmission or was it shifter itself.. cant remember.. one or the other... DoNT! Read the manual man.. :p

I found that problem due to playing with my Alpine deck while driving, but I fixed it by actually using the remote to toggle my cds instead of the deck controls just to avoid putting weight on my shifter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.