Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
You have to get it off the back of the radio and go to the dealer and prove that it IS YOUR car and they can get the code for you.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
If the sticker is not on the radio or in your owner's manual - check on the underside of your ashtray - some dealers put them there - mine did.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Lol, talk about an anti-theft device that is null and void by putting the code in easy to find locations, although don't know who would steal a stock deck in the first place.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
i was told they charge you to get the code ...i ended up just getting one of the other honda stereos i had sitting around that i knew the code for......anyone here ever get the code from the dealer? and did you have to pay??

·
Registered
86 Posts
usually dealers wont do anything for you they just tell you to buy another radio cuz they dont wanna waste there time , they say they aint making any money , but like 90% of the cases are theres something stuck under ur radio with the code

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
i changed my friends battery and changed out some wires...i dont know how, but the wires on her 99 civic were all corroded which i dont understand bc i have the originals on mine and they look new....but anywayz....she got mad at me bc she didnt have the code, how ya gonna get mad at your mechanic for fixing your car!!....well, i told her itd blow up if you kept trying to guess the code, so she has no music now.....hahaha

·
Registered
626 Posts
sabotage on Apr/18/04 said:
i was told they charge you to get the code ...i ended up just getting one of the other honda stereos i had sitting around that i knew the code for......anyone here ever get the code from the dealer? and did you have to pay??
I told the guy at the parts counter I was in college and really didn't have the money to pay for it. Long story short, I called asked for the code, and got it for free. The dealership gets enough of my money as it is.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
yeah...that was years ago and at the honda dealer and i didnt know anyone there....now w/this car i have to go to acura dealer and everyone knows me there, so i might be able to pull that off too....they gave me free parts b4...even a cup and a pen!! whoohoo!! they said im thier best customer!!!..ill check those spots on my friends car first

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
would you mind doing a couple?? i have at least one in my garage, maybe 2 that i dont know the code on and then maybe my friends.... i wonder if lou6942 ever found his?? would i be an ass to assume that a cd player from a, i dont remember which car this was from, but eigther a 97 accord or a 95 prelude would fit in my 94 gsr???

·
Registered
234 Posts
sabotage on Apr/17/04 said:
would you mind doing a couple?? i have at least one in my garage, maybe 2 that i dont know the code on and then maybe my friends.... i wonder if lou6942 ever found his?? would i be an ass to assume that a cd player from a, i dont remember which car this was from, but eigther a 97 accord or a 95 prelude would fit in my 94 gsr???
get the serial number on the bottom of the radio
and let me know

·
Registered
845 Posts
Any acura dealership will do it for free if you give them the serial number, unless they're complete a-holes. The only thing they charge for is pulling the head unit out to get the serial number off of it, which is something like $80-$90. Any service rep only has to go online and put the serial number in to get the code, it takes up about 12 seconds of their time.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
i have a couple of them sitting in my garage, at the honda dealer by my house they're a bunch of jerks, they probably think i stole them all and just didnt realize that i actually owned all of the hondas they came out of... the one currently in my car i know the code for, i just want to put one of the other ones in my car bc its a cd player and im too lazy to keep changing the disc in the 6 disc changer...they actually charge you to take it out?? it only takes like a min!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts