Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the leather that is wraped around the steering wheel is kinda loose. for example i can twist the leather up and down maybe a 1/4''. anyone know how to make it tight again?

·
Registered
239 Posts
gotta restitch it. better just to buy a whole new kit. they aren't that expensive and you're hands will love you for it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a_gorilla on Mar/12/04 said:
gotta restitch it. better just to buy a whole new kit. they aren't that expensive and you're hands will love you for it.
do you know where they would sell the kit, at the dealer? about how much does it cost? and is the kit JUST the leather?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
dont buy the kit, i have one for my 1994 LS becasue ours didnt come with leather wraps in the first place, so the kit it great for ME because it is better than not having leather at all....but for you, having a factory wrapped wheel, even if it is a little loose, is still gonna be a helluva lot better than what you can do stitching the kit by hand....

so my vote would be for just restitiching what you have if you really wanna mess with it. go to a fabric store and get some "unbreakable twine", basically it is just thin, strong, WAXED twine/thread. Then you can cut out your old stiches, and redo it. As a warning, you definately wont get it as tight as stock orignally was, but if your wrap is moving alot now then you may be able to fix a good deal of that...

and the info on the kit if you really want to go that route is that it is only available at a Honda or ACURA dealer (get it form Acura, i got one form honda but the holes were slighly off on two of the spoke positions) and it cost me about $60. you can sometimes find them on eBay that ppl have gotten from dealerships, or AcuraAutomotiveParts.net .....it include the leather, the thread, and a needle

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
i bought the HoNDA wrap for ma local honda dealership for $60...i dont have any pics, i dont have a digital camera, i only can take pics when i borrow one from a friend...aorry, but basically it is the same wrap as factory 98 or 99+ got, but i am human and cant stoch as tighly as the machine and/or crazy bastard they have workng in the factory doing it...so it is very tight, but not as clean up close as a factory wrap...also like i said a few holes didnt line up with two of the spokes, no matter how i positioned it around the wheel prior to starting stitching..

·
Registered
729 Posts
thanks.mine is starting to fade and peel so its hard to restore thanks to the previous owner. might just try a new steering wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts