Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys with lowered cars get your car inspected? I've been to three places.. All say my car is too low.

it's dropped 2 1/2 inches all around on goldline springs which is supposedly guaranteed never to sag.....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah dorchester tire told me to find someone with an inground dyno, but who the hell has one of those? btw my car is a 95 OBDI stock motor..... just catback exhaust on it

·
Registered
323 Posts
if you buy an even year car it has to test emissions on even years. But if you buy say a 95 in 06 you have to get emissions done every even year because you have to pass emissions to get the car on the road then continue with the emissions every other year.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Speaking of inspections, I'm dropped 1.75" F / 1.5" R and I'm wondering if my headlights are now aimed too low. Does anyone know what the height and distance requirements are so I don't have to pay them to use a screwdriver!

Steve, I got a direct fit carsound cat from someplace in Cali for $179. Seems like $250 is a little high. This next inspection will be the test of whether it will pass but I'm pretty sure it will.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Carsound cats can be purchased on ebay (magnaflow distributor for $60-80 w/o flanges). You can buy and have flanges welded on, or you can contact SMSP and he'll make you a direct fit with flanges for less than $200.

Come to think of it, if you contact acuradriva (paul) (now banned) or nolliecrooked (ed), they know a guy that is local that gave them a direct fit carsound with flanges for I think $120-130.

Regarding your headlights aiming too low, inspection has never checked that on my car, but since I couldn't see at night, I used a philips head screw driver and used the OEM mechanism that allows angling of the headlights. Mine is at it's highest position. Look in your helms.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.