Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my situation:
My car has been having trouble starting lately. It will make a "click" sound from under the hood whenever I push my s2000 starter button and it will do this anywhere from 5 times up to 30 minutes and then it will just magically start. I did some searching around and found the starter rebuild thread and that sounded exactly like my problem, so I switched out the contact points inside the starter and I thought everything was good for about 3 days and then it started doing the exact same thing. I removed the s2000 starter button thinking that might be the problem, but I just did that about 20 minutes ago so I can't tell if that fixed my problem yet. I also have a Deka EXT14 battery but I don't think that would cause any problems like this. I am thinking that it may be the starter solenoid but I wouldn't think that it would make the clicking noise if the solenoid is bad. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
more than likley its the solenoid, thats what actually makes the clicing sound. Run by your local advance, autozone, oriley, etc and they will check it for for free so you can be sure.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it will still make the clicking sound if the solenoid isn't working properly? I forgot that those places will check starters for free. I will swing by after class.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
yes it will make the clicking noise if the solenoid is bad.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ebay Starter Solenoid

So if I swing by Autozone and they tell me it is the solenoid, then I can get this and be good to go, right? How difficult is it to replace the solenoid? I already put in new contact points so I already know my way around the starter pretty well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.