Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have been reading through the threads in the search but i think each answer is pretty specific to each persons problem so here is my problem.
PROBLEM: All of a sudden (last night after i got off work) I tried to turn my car on and "CLICK" is all i here... gauge cluster lights up windows work but still my first thought is battery.... I hook my car up to be jumped turn it over again and "CLICK" same thing.... after that i wait a few and turn it over and Starts Right up and drives normal.... This morning i go to start my car again and "CLICK" i did it two more time before it started right up.?????? is this just my starter going bad or should i look elsewhere?

Thanks for all the help in advance
-Sergio

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Here's another old school trick: When you're turning the key to start the car, have an assistant tap the starter a couple times with a broom handle or pry bar. Not too hard, but solid. As the assistant taps the starter, keep turning the key - if it fires up your starter is on it's way out.. I had the exact same problem with my 240SX - turned out the starter solenoid and brushes were done.

·
Registered
583 Posts
hum...it might be the starter going bad. what happened to me was this.
i started my car and just "click" and no start. i tried several times and it started. it'd been like that for about 3-4 days and after that my car completely died.
however, when my car didn't start, i think no electric power at all...so your problem seems little bit different from mine...

if your car die completely, ask somebody to push your car as hard as they can, put your gear into 1st, and the car will start. this way you can at least drive to a local shop to change the starter.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This just happened on my k20 teg i ended up ordering a new starter and when i went to replace it i realized the connector was loose
dumb mistake so i ended up changing out the starter anyways just in case
but checking the conections is a great idea

good luck

·
Registered
497 Posts
BSQ5 on Sep/24/07 said:
Since you have a '95 Integra I would say it is the starter contacts. You can go to this THREAD for information on replacing the starter contact.
Exactly what I was going to say. I replaced the contacts and it's works like a charm now. Couldn't have taken more than an hour and that's because I kept getting interrupted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.