Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been lookin at ssr rims lately cuz there forged and super light. question is will i see a difference swappying my fat fives for them seein as id be losin 20lbs rim weight and not srue bout tire weight yet. there 16/7 rims type c style. trying to do simple weight reduction, does anyone think it will be a noticable difference

·
Registered
910 Posts
i remember watching a japanese motoring video i forget the name but it came out around when the mitsubishi evo 8 mr came out which comes with a 6 speed some other stuff but more importantly lighter wheels. they did a test between the regular evo and the evo mr and they concluded that the difference in wheel weight wasnt a significant factor in the difference between the 2 evos. not to say that it wont help your car but the way i see weight reduction is a slow process, you lose a couple pounds here and a couple pounds there but if you think about it that way your not losing much, if you look at the overall picture then you can lose a significant amount of weight.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
the difference between dc2 oem wheels and wheels like the SSR type Cs is significant enough to feel when driving. I say go for it, if you have the money. But all depends on how much lightweight wheels are worth to you...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im plannin on droppin my ac soon enough and then probably buyin a cf hood oem style. that should be enough weight drop to make it feel faster by a little bit atleast. cuz i notice when i got a person in the car it chnges my whole feel. and ya ill get the money no problme, got a guy who knows a tire company so seein prices asap

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
94VTEC2ToNE on Sep/29/07 said:
i notice when i got a person in the car it chnges my whole feel.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have one buddy who's at least 250lbs, and when he jumps in I lose ALL of my low end power haha!!! ...and when you get 4 big guys in there, you scrape everywhere and can barely take off LMAO. Low and slow.

I took out my subs in the trunk the other day (~100lbs) and it made a HUGE difference. Some other things I did were relocate the battery to the trunk, remove the a/c, washer fluid reservoir, spare tire, and I plan on a CF hood too.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
HeroOfTheDay on Sep/29/07 said:
I took out my subs in the trunk the other day (~100lbs) and it made a HUGE difference.
LOL - same here, but along with the sub, box, and amp, I also removed the rear seats and ALL of the rear trim from the front seats back. Along with my recently installed Fidanza flywheel, my LS is like a whole new car. I didn't do take everything out to go faster, I needed to re-run and add some wiring and do some little projects I had been neglecting since I didn't want to go without music for a few days.

Now it's been that few days, and I'm not sure if I really want to put it all back in tomorrow! LOL (I will, though. Extra noise and rattles and no music =
)

·
Registered
829 Posts
i know for a fact rear seats don't weight enough to feel a difference. its the fronts that are extremly heavy. If you gut your car properly and get the lightweight wheels im sure you will feel a small difference. plus if you only leave one bucket seat than no more fat friends to slow you down:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
*** Removed by user at Sep 29 2007 11:13PM (Server Time) ***

does anyone know or have a guess on how much all the trim from the front seats back weigh (including all the trunk trim)?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha i wanna take out the rear seats, and btw little weight at a time adds up. nothign by itself will take off enough weight ot make a significant difference but the little things add up. im doin ac, maybe rear east, cf hood, and botlon on a blox intake manifold too. in the summer im tyring to do a cf hatch or a stock white with a plexi window, thats weight reduction folks

·
Registered
175 Posts
when i stripped my interior i noticed enough difference that my rear end sat ugly high (stock suspension) so put it back in. you'll feel the difference

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice saying btw. ya im at 114 now and still gsr aint ran a day better than when i got it or 5 years when my buddy had it. gotta love em. ya i need to drop it too. but ya just look for the jdm seats too thats the only reason i wouldnt drop the rears. but i wanna get a dgi chassis system too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.