Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone Know if i can put a SRT-4 After Market turbo on my Third Gen Integra (B16A engine)??.. The story is my buddy wrecked his Srt-4 and is yank'n out his turbo, wastegate and intercooler.....

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
iokua1120 on Feb/13/06 said:
Does anyone Know if i can put a SRT-4 After Market turbo on my Third Gen Integra (B16A engine)??.. The story is my buddy wrecked his Srt-4 and is yank'n out his turbo, wastegate and intercooler.....
Of course you can, you just might need a custom flanged manifold.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
jdm_teggy...tahts a kinda rediculious question. You can technically fit ANYTHING in ANYTHING. All depends your money. However for the money...you're better off doing a nice turboed B-Series setup.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Something no one has seemed to mention yet is the reliability of those turbos. Ive heard from many different people that the seals on the turbos have an incredibly short life. Thats something to look into before spending any money on anything custom like a mani.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The Turbo that is used from the SRT-4 is a TD04-15G with a slightly larger exhaust wheel. It is a mitsubishi turbo that is used in this setup, with Dodge's own exhaust housing and flange system and is not well matched for the b16 for the work involved to transplant it.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
james_ls on Feb/13/06 said:
jdm_teggy...tahts a kinda rediculious question. You can technically fit ANYTHING in ANYTHING. All depends your money. However for the money...you're better off doing a nice turboed B-Series setup.
well it may seem ridiculous, but those cars are making way more power than our b-series and they hvae only been out for so long....

i was jsut wondering because of their ability to make power easily.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
NO

It wont work, just wanted to clear this up.

Factory SRT-4 turbos from GM, IE stock or any of the staged upgrades from dodge use a custom cast manifold/turbine housing/ that cannot be seperated.

As to why SRT-4s make good numbers? It's not so much the turbo as it is that it came with one from the factory. Thus dodge designed it as an FI block, IE its cast iron with beefy pistons/rods so it can take alot of boost. Additionally since you can order staged upgrades all the way to 400whp out of the MOPAR catalog, it removes the guess work, which means alot more people are willing to do it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
they are making more power because the motor is a 2.4L running at about 12lbs stock. Thats a big motor to be running 12lbs stock.

my buddy has one and he has the 3in down pipe with KN intake and MSD. he has a hell of a time hooken up in 1st & 2nd.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
iokua1120 on Feb/13/06 said:
However, aftermarket, well yeah, as long as its from a company which uses seperate manifolds.

Ask him if he got his turbo from Mopar or somewhere else. If it didnt come from mopar chances are the turbo unbolts from the manifold and you can use it. Find out WTF it is first though, a 2.4L motor has very different requirements than a 1.8L

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.