Team Integra Forums banner

SRS warning light

8K views 40 replies 21 participants last post by  honolulugold 
#1 ·
My SRS light has been on in my 97 LS for quite some time now...I've tried to reset the system by simply disconnecting the positive from the battery...didn't work. I've also tried to unplug the actual yellow airbag harness and plug it back in to see if that would reset it and cause the warning light to disappear. It did't. I have to get my car inspected in May, and I guess now I'll have to take it to a dealer to get serviced or have my system reset or whatever. Anyone know how expensive airbag work is? How much can I expect to pay? Even a ballpark figure will help. My car is not certified pre-owned. Thanks!

#3 ·
I do not know how much it would be to fix, but definatly take the car to the dealer and get it fixed. Something is wrong so resetting it will do nothing. Have it looked at. It could be a cheap part or an expensive one.

Check the fuse and thats about as far as I would go with diagnosing the airbags. If you have a helms manual that may give you more information.

#8 ·
my srs light was on and i just pushed the button underneath the dash to reset it.. after doing this i took my battery off for 5 minutes and the light hasnt come on again..

#9 ·
the button under the dash is for the MIL light (yellow), not the SRS light (red).

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=164

and disconnecing the yellow SRS plugs will not help either. niether does disconnecting the battery (i had my battery off for hours, and the SRS came right back on). you need to get the factory service manual, or have somebody post the procedure, but you can reset SRS light, and see if it comes back like dennis2 posted.

jeff, did you find resolution? update?

#11 ·
Simok on Dec/20/07 said:
Quote: SilverGS on Mar/31/04Is the warranty for the SRS for the life of the car like seatbelts?

Seatbelts arent life time warranty, at least thats what ive been told. My srs light is on, but thats because im missing my srs fuse. But im afraid to put the fuse in, because what if its sets my airbags off? Any thoughts on this?
seatbelts do have a lifetime warranty.... thats just how it is. also, i dont think putting the fuse in would set off the bags... impact sensors trigger them...

#12 ·
Simok on Dec/20/07 said:
Quote: SilverGS on Mar/31/04Is the warranty for the SRS for the life of the car like seatbelts?

Seatbelts arent life time warranty, at least thats what ive been told. My srs light is on, but thats because im missing my srs fuse. But im afraid to put the fuse in, because what if its sets my airbags off? Any thoughts on this?
You can always disconnect the battery and then put the fuse in then reconnect the battery?

#14 ·
When my SRS light was on..my horn or cruise didnt work either. Figured out it was the clockspring then got one from a member on here and replaced it myself. Since then...no light and everything works fine. Airbags, Horn and CC. Just my $.02! Hope that helps..but you didnt say what your problem was..just that you light was on...is everything working on the steering wheel?

#15 ·
Yeah all my cruise control and horn works. I dont know why the fuse was missing in the first place. The light has been on since i bought the car, and I just thought it was telling me the airbags were working then my friend said no it means theres a problem check the fuse and it was missing. I called an acura dealer and they said not to mess with it and they will check it and maybe fix it for free for me if i come down.

#18 ·
Zer0ne on Dec/20/07 said:
Quote: Simok on Dec/20/07Quote: SilverGS on Mar/31/04Is the warranty for the SRS for the life of the car like seatbelts?

seatbelts do have a lifetime warranty.... thats just how it is. also, i dont think putting the fuse in would set off the bags... impact sensors trigger them...

not always:

"Seat belts and airbags: A lot of carmakers include seat belts and airbags with powertrain or bumper-to-bumper warranties. Others make separate provisions, and the warranties sometimes carry no expiration date. Seat belts are generally covered for operating usability only, so don't expect a replacement for discoloration or other cosmetic defects."

source

and here, the car was under mfg warranty at the time.

but for acuras, it's lifetime at least up through 1995 (YAY!):

"For safety, we urge you to regularly check the condition of your seat belts. If you notice that a release button is broken or if you experience any problems with seat belt operation, contact your dealer immediately. Remember, Acura has a lifetime seat belt warranty that applies to every Acura automobile. It covers any seat belt component that fails to function properly during normal use (see your warranty booklet for details)."

and chris, you have to do it to find out the problem. disconnect the battery for an hour, put the fuse back in, connect the battery, reset the SRS light and go from there.

#19 ·
Simok on Dec/20/07 said:
Thanks, but my problem is putting the fuse back in, and what that will cause, because i know the light is on a least for the reason the fuse is missing.
It's not going to set off the bags

- put the fuse in
- follow directions to rest
- done

#26 ·
i have the same problem... tried doing the reset thing a bunch of times... seems to confirm that it reset... but then the light goes back on.... so what do i do now?...... i assume something is wrong with my srs system.... is there any way to figure out what is causing the light to come on?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.