Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know why an intake would make a squeeling or whistling sound when i accelerate. It bothers the heck outta me, not to mention it makes my car sound like a piece when i drive by.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
whistling sound is normal with aftermarket intakes...assuming thats what you have

·
Registered
24 Posts
or if you're just really cheap and you pulled the airbox

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry i'll rephrase that, it has the normal intake sound but when i push the pedal down at a certain point it whistles like a worn brake pad

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Exact same thing here my friend... I hate it ;) Sounds like a boiling lobster. I have a short ram, you?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
All I know, is I either floor it, or minimun throttle whenever there are people around. Sounds like garbage. I have tried everything I can, including reinstalling it, nothing seems to work. I think its the filter.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
thank our throttle body/intake manifold design for that one. its common, mine does it but i got used to it.

ryan..where have you been man!? you disappeared for like a month! glad to see you posting again.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Heheh ;) I was in Sicily for the better part of August, enjoying the sun. I'm glad to be home ;)

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
SICILY!!! you lucky bastid!!!! enjoying the nude beaches

·
Registered
457 Posts
What kind of system do you have? I know that my short ram does it but it's not that bad.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have that when i first accelerate but its not really noticable after about 3000 rpm

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
My short ram used to do that also until I found out the metal was rubbing up against something. So I tried to move the hoses around, tightened the rubber that attached to the intake manifold and lubricated any parts that seemed to make a squeek and I have no problems since.

·
Registered
48 Posts
my AEM CAI sounds pretty quiet...

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i had a short ram kit on my old truck... at idle it used to sound like a wounded dog... just kept howling... haha. the AEM CAI i have on my teg ocassionally whistles. i guess it's normal.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i had a short ram for a time and it never made a whisling sound, everyone thought that it was real deep and throughty. now i have a front mount intake and it still doesnt wistle, just makes tons of noise from the front. try a different intake tube or a ractive heatshielded filter. may help

1 - 20 of 31 Posts