Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I got a 99 integra with 65k miles on it. When idleing the power steering belt squeeks alot. Very annoying! Iv'e already tighten it and applyed belt dressing but still squeeks. If i need a new one how much will it cost me and is it easy to do? Thanks guys

·
Registered
363 Posts
Mine was squeeling too when i started my engine. It ended up that my belt wasn't tight enough. one option is that your power steering pump went bad and is squeeling.

I'll sell you mine actually. I don't use power steering. Private message me if you are interested. It's very easy to install, just a few hoses and a couple bolts to tighten up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a way to find out if my power steering pump is messed up? because my steering works fine. its just the squeeling thats bothering me.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Is it the pump or the belt that is squeaking? Check the fluid level anyway and replace the belt. It should be no more than $15 at the dealer for a new one but don't quote me.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yah, you also have 3 other belts running 3 different accesories. Are you pretty sure it's coming from the power steering belt and not the ac clutch?

If so, I have one of those for sale too! haha. Good luck man, it's kind of hard to diagnose it without being there.

To see if it's the ac compressor: at idle kick on and off the ac and see if the squeeling starts and stops. Make sure the car is warmed up though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
you can change all of your belts for like 15 dollars and it might take you 30 mins. My integra was squeaking at idle too and i just changed the belts and all is quiet again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts