Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really know how to describe this, but I'll try the best I can:

There is a continuous squeeky/high pitch "whee whee whee.." (don't poke fun) coming from what I think is the lower part of my head. The noise just started. Moreover, it's coming from just under the headers, and a bit over to the left - this is from the perspective of standing right in front of the car. Pretty much where the VIN number and the B18C1 code is. The noise is constant.

I have no clue what this could be. I'm getting a bit worried. Anyone have any ideas? Any experience with something like this?

-Eric

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
I think it might be the distributor... the rotor and the cap, before mine melted, it has this constant noise too. It disspears at first, kind a like on and off once in a while, then soon it become a constant "whee whee whee..." noise on and on... then not even a week, the thing blow up on me (but i was pushing it hard, i was working). :p

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't think it's the distributor. The source is lower. I'm getting a bit worried...it's getting louder.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
some sort of bearing in the tranny possibly?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe the throw-out bearing? I'm not too sure. But that's about where the noise should be coming from if it was indeed that bearing, correct?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
idrincwater on Mar/24/04 said:
Maybe the throw-out bearing? I'm not too sure. But that's about where the noise should be coming from if it was indeed the that bearing, correct?
does it make the noise when the clutch is engaged or disengaged (pushed down to floor) if it makes the noise when the clutch is disengaged is could be your release bearing. does it make the noise when u drive? if then it could be your input shaft bearing.

i used to have the same sound an input shaft bearing would make..but it turned out to be my custom test pipe was coming apart and the exhaust was rattling.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it is in fact the throw-out bearing, release bearing, input shaft bearing, or some bearing within the trans...how much am I looking at to get it fixed? Or are the discrepancies to big to give me a general figure?

Damn...here goes another wad of dough.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, here's what I discovered today. The noise stops when I depress the clutch. So, as soon as I push down the clutch pedal, the sound goes away...and when I let it go again, it comes back...( This is all at idle ). So, considering that...is it the throw-out bearing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts