Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I rev my car, I get a squeeking noise. It squeeks once when I rev up and once when the rmps drop back down. It also does it from start when I take off and sometimes when I switch gears. It only does it when the car is warmed up and I drove it for a little while. It is annoying. It started after I put on my Header and Exhaust. The only thing else that is new is the spring bolts that hold the cat to the down pipe. I just got them from a muffler shop. Any ideas of what this could be? Could non-oem spring make noise? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
is it like a squeek of metal to metal or like an air through a small hole? if it's the air then it might be your cold air intake if u have one. if not then i dunno sorry

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not my brakes or my heatshield. The heat shild would make more of a vibrating metal sound and it makes the noise when I am standing still, so it can't be the brakes. Any other ideas? It sounds as if is is coming from the alternator area, but I don't think that my belts are loose. Don't they have an auto tensioner?

·
Registered
49 Posts
mine does the same thing.. i hate pulling into my garage and hearing the god dam squeak. im going to change the belt tomarrow and see if it goes away. but im thinking it may be the pully bearings or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts