Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
For the past week I have noticed a squeek or a creek noise from the front left wheels of my teg. This happens when I turn the wheel or when I get into the car and my weight pushes the car down. It also happens when going over bumps.Now i dont think it is the struts b/c the noise is a high pitched squeek/creek instead of the thud type noise you generally get from old worn struts. Any guesses would be great.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you have a front strut bar you might also want to check that out. I took mine off and put it back on without readjusting it and couldnt figure out what was squeaking for the longest time. Come to find out the strut bar was squeaking because it wasn't on properly. Good luck figuring out your problem.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Its your bushings. Grab a can of Heavy Duty PURE silcone spray. Has to be pure silicone no additives. Then just spray the sh!t outta all your bushing. Do it every weekend or everytime you jack up your car to keep it from coming back. DO NOT use white lithium grease!!! The silicone does not attract/trap as much dirt and will actually absorb into the rubber over time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It may be your brake pads. If they're worn out completely and the calipers are not released from the rotors. Thus, the sound comes from friction between the rotors and the metal from your brake pads.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I had the same type of squeek in my car. Turns out the front passanger side was slightly lower than the rest of the car (lowered on Ground Controls). once I corrected the height the sound disapeared.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.