Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm in 5th, I recently started hearing a noticeable squeal, almost like scratching a needle across a fast-moving polished piece of metal. It sounds like it's coming from my clutch or shiftknob, but I'm not sure. Any ideas what it is?

BTW, I have a 2000 Type R

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
hmm.. brakes have a lil piece of metal that pokes out of the old brake pads and will squeal annoyingly until you change them out.. this sound is really high-pitched and you should hear it when u brake.. u may want to start there.. if its not that.. ur belts may also be the problem.. you'd hear this kinda noise with the car on or when ur driving straight..

might even be ur CAI.. if u recently installed one.. but i'm sure u'd know what ur intake sounds like..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not the CAI, that's about the only thing I do know. It does it when I'm driving straight in 5th around 50+. When I brake, I don't think I hear it but I'm not really 100% sure. It's not a loud noise b/c I can only hear it with the radio off but it doesn't sound good, especially since I noticed it after making a 800 mile trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts