Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
try changeing your coil inside your distruiditor and plugs, cap, rotor if posible.
if you have problems changing the coil just pay a machanic to do it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
new pluga distributor and rotor and wires the coil is changed from stock to an msd external coil called blaster ss and it is fairly new as well fuel filter is new but not the pump... i don't think it is the pump though because it sounds good it is priming when the key is turned ahead sounds normal...

·
Registered
313 Posts
i have pretty much the same problem. it sounds like it is sputtering and it doesnt accelerate unless i floor it. i changed my spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, distributor and it is still messed up.

did you recently put a header or catback exhaust on it? i just installed both of those things on my car and thats when it started messing up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a couple years back, that shouldn't cause your problem, it seems to me like the car is choking itself after running for a minute
some suggestions i have gotten are valve stem oil seals or rings being burnt up from not being started for a long time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
A little 1-wire O2 could never affect the car like that. I run the car with no O2 it runs perfect.

Start with simple stuff. Dont pay $100 for replace your rotor and cap just to find out Cylinder# had a bad spark plug.

Start with plugs/wires ($25)

Then try a diff. distributor (try and borrow one)

·
Registered
120 Posts
agreed... o2 wont do this problem... if all wires.. plugs.. distributor.. and cap is all replaced.. sputtering is still a problem with the spark.. one thing for sure to check is your cylinders for any oil.. you could have a bad head gasket and its leaking. there should be no other reason for any sputtering other than wires/plugs/dist/or cap... fuel pump and or filter wouldnt show any sputtering problems.

·
Registered
333 Posts
check ur pcv valve it will cause a weird idle like that and will stutter while driving. the vavle might not be opening to circulate the pressure. one way to check is unplug it from the intake manifole and plug the hole with your finger.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
figured it out to be a missing ground and then when i put the ground on i changed the distributor and rotor button and the spring in the coil was pused back to far and spark wasn't getting past there thanks for all the pointers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.