Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long will my 94 ls stock shocks last if i get aerospeed lowering springs and 17" c8s...i'm gonna get an alignment and will probably not get a camber kit because it costs to much. how long do you think i could go without having to get new shocks and struts?

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
it depends on the amout the springs drop your car really....

P.S aerospeed springs arent good quality

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm gonna drop it no more than 2" front and rear, what companies make good springs for general everyday driving?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just put Sprint Performance Springs on my teg yesterday. I decided to only go 1.5". But then I got finished and I found myself sayin "Damn it, I wish I would have gone for the 2" or 2.25". Take your time and research your choice.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I got the H&R race springs (2"F / 1.75"R)with stock shocks, Ive had them on for like 4 months and it feels good. I would get a camber kit though or your tires will wear on the inner part, I have a front and rear camber kit that ive had for like 3 months and im dying to put it on, If only i knew how.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
eibach & H&R smoothest ride i ever felt -- also heard GReat things about tanabe coilovers---- heard its as smooth as a caddy--- i went with ground control coilovers (eibach springs) and have kyb adjustable shocks and struts--- but to each his own.....

·
Registered
188 Posts
hey integra101, I got some stuff that you might need.
eibach spring 2" drop already mounted in 98 stock shocks and struts integra. they are in perfect condition and very easy to put on your car since they already mounted in springs and shock and strut together. It will take you 20 minutes the most to install. let me know if you are interested and I am selling for $200 for everything.
write me at [email protected]

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just put H&R sports on my 98' GSR and it is freaking awesome. I have stock shocks, and the ride is a lot different. It is a little stiffer, but the roll has minimized a ton in cornering. The drop looks good and is settling in more every day(just finished about 4 days ago). Right now I have maybe 1 finger gap all around between tires and fenders. I have stock 15's too. I'll get pics up soon.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
how does h&r sport compare to eibach sportlines? afaik sportlines are the softest

lol arospeed. your shocks wont last a month haha

·
Registered
634 Posts
in terms of actually keeping your stock shocks, the only 2 springs that i heard of that can go without aftermarket shocks are the Eibach Pro-Kit and the H&R springs... but H&R does a 2" drop in the front and thats pretty low for using stock shocks so even i wouldn't really try that. I'd go for the Eibach Pro-Kit man... only 1.3" all around.. not too low, not too high...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I am using stock shocks with the Neuspeed race springs. It is a pretty aggresive drop and I have had no problems over the past 2 years.

·
Registered
408 Posts
i just put eibach sportlines on my car a few weeks ago. i love em. a buddy of mine had prokits on his civic, and they were too soft. average springrates for these kits show that the sportline is the stiffer spring. the ride isnt really bouncy, and my city probably has some of the worst roads in north america (probably even worse than detroit's). The drop is 1.7 inches front and back and really looks good. the wheel gap went from 4-fingers tall to one and a half fingers. these springs also do really well with an itr 22mm rear sway bar. (highly reccommended to everyone)

·
Registered
136 Posts
stock shocks are not meant to go very low... if your car starts bottoming out .. expect to blow your shocks in a couple of weeks/months .. if you only drop it a bit (no more than 1.5) your stock shocks should be ok..

the reason most people switch out there stock shocks is to get rid of the bouncy ride (can be dangerous)... Tokico, Koni .etc have better dampening so your car won't bounce right off the road...

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
98integraLs on Sep/01/02 said:
Im plannin on groundcontrol over either kyb AGX or tokico premium preformance.is kyb crap cause no one has said anything about them yet?

Jack
no kyb's arent crap I have them and they're great...BUT they arent made to go with springs that are any lower then 1.5 below stock, alot of people blow them out but its because they are too low for them. If your going with coilovers I wouldn't go with the kyb's

·
Registered
301 Posts
koni yellows are the best you can buy, but they cost a lot, more than i can afford unfortunately. the prokit is also nice on my friends gsr. and also, i heard someone(might of been here on ti) say that h&r springs suck after like 50k or 60k mi, but then again, 60k mi is a pretty long time....

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
Quote: ... but H&R does a 2" drop in the front and thats pretty low for using stock shocks so even i wouldn't really try that. [/QUOTE]
H&R hase 3 different spring sets.

OEM springs .75F and .75R (like stock ITR)
Sport Springs 1.7F 1.5R
Race Springs 2.0F 1.7R

in case you didnt know.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts