Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey...i tried to search on this and nothing came up...but i was just wondering if anyone else had ever had this problem before.....
back in 09/02, i had put some neuspeed sport springs on my 94 gsr.....it was fine for a while....then about 10 months later, my car kept getting lower and lower....i thought i was just imagining it, then i couldn't get up my driveway anymore....so i looked and the springs had collapsed...like the top 4 or 5 coils were actually touching each other....checked out all of the other supsension and even steering components and everything else was fine.....then i put some ground control coilovers on it for the koni yellows that i have and its been fine since....the springs were purchased new, and i had used the same kind on my old project car and they were fine......i had heard a rumor that someone else is making neuspeed's springs now......just wondering if anyone else had ever had that problem before or if anyone had heard that before.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
No. But the race spings do have some dead coils and by looking at them you would think that they were collapsed...but that is there for a reason. The sport spings don't have a 2" drop. A 3" drop would put your tires about 1/2" inside of your wheel wells. I've never heard of any sping doing this.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they weren't dead coils...i had the same kind on my old car and they weren't like that...but w/these that i'm talking about....the teg got lower and lower each week...it got so bad that it ate up my tires and i had to replace my 2 front tires, it was just on the front.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Did you send them back to Neuspeed? You probably could have had them pay for everything if it was legit.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Ron on Feb/28/04 said:
i think your shocks are blown....thats what happen, b/c your shocks cannot withstand the weight anymore, which makes your springs sags down, or collapsed.
Under steady state, meaning the car at rest, the suspension is not held up by the shocks. They are held up by the springs. While the springs will compress due to the weight of the car, up to a point where there isn't enough force from gravity to compress the spring anymore. That is the steady state height the springs should leave the car at. It has nothing to do with the shocks when the car is at rest.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah....i talked to the place i bought them from...at least about giving a discount on some new tire and their "discount" sucked, so i bought the tires somewhere else for cheaper......i had michelin xgt v4s on it, but i couldn't afford those and ended up w/khumos, so i was pretty pissed about loosing my good tires..... they said the only thing they could do about the springs was maybe exchange them for another set of the same kind...but that was a maybe, and after that i didn't want another set of the same kind, i wanted my money back and/or some new michelins or a good discount.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its fixed now....those pics are w/the ground control coilovers.....i used to manage a parts store and i asked around when i worked there about this and no one knew what it was from.....all i can figure is that they were defects....but i was wondering if anyone else had heard of this happening

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
sabotage on Feb/28/04 said:
yeah....i talked to the place i bought them from...at least about giving a discount on some new tire and their "discount" sucked, so i bought the tires somewhere else for cheaper......i had michelin xgt v4s on it, but i couldn't afford those and ended up w/khumos, so i was pretty pissed about loosing my good tires.....
That is the first time ive ever heard of anyone refer to the stock xgt v4's as good.. I hated mine, the car would actually respond in the rain after I put the kumho's on.
The XGT's arent good tires.. Kinda weird about the springs though.. never heard of that.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no pics w/bad springs....well maybe before they went bad, but not where my tires were getting chewed up....

i liked the xgt's....over priced though.....you like the kumhos better??

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
do you think it could be from taking the car to the track?? it was doing it before that though, but it seemed to get worse after i started taking it to the track, but everyone i've talked to doesn't think it's track related.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
the XGT's kick ass for their long life!!!!!!

Otherwise, they suck.

Which Kumho's did you get? 711? 712? MX?

I know the 712's are a definite improvement over the XGT in performance.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.