Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a set of Eibach Sportline Spring on my car. While it handles long curves beautifully and takes off a large amount of body roll, I'm beginning to think that the springs spec's do not help to induce some oversteer. The springs are rated at 360 lbs front and progressively at the rear, however the loading is mostly biased in the front. I'm not asking for crazy oversteer, just a little more rotation in my car on turns. I have a suspension techinque sway bar, and the car still has some understeer in it. I want a more nuetral to slight oversteer response.

I am wondering if I can swap springs from another maker who has specs more closely to what I desire, such as the rear springs off the Nuespeed Race or H&R Race.

I would inquire about this by emailing the respective companies and asking them, but most likely to protect the warranty and prevent any legal actions, they will say NO I can't do it.

But from an engineering point of view, is there any harm in me swapping springs? Isn't it just like contacting Ground Control and asking for custom spring rates?

I would want to choose this option first for its relatively low cost, but if what I want to do is not reasonable, I will take the custom GC springs route.

Any input is appreciated, thankyou.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I can't see where swapping different springs would be a problem. All you're doing is fine tuning the suspension to what you want. Its kind of like the concept of adjustable shocks I suppose. As long as the springs are made for the car, there shouldn't be a problem. The only issue I can forsee is you might not find the right combination and your handling will be all outta whack. I can't give you any tips on what to get but be sure you do before you try it.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
What exacly are you looking for in the springs? What spring rates?

·
Registered
301 Posts
How many milimeters is your rear sway bar. For a good one it should be 20ml +. also look into a rear strut bar, and if you have adjustable shocks tighten up the rears.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rear sway bar i got is 19mm. While a 22mm rear sway bar in enticing, I had to modify my subframe alot to fit this god forsaken bar, so that baby is stuck there for life.

I also have Koni Yellows with the rear stiffness bias more than the front, but it's like at 3/4 of a turn.

The spring spec I'm looking for is such that the rate will be stiffer in the rear than the front, and the Nuespeed Race or H&R Race closely matches that.

I also know to adjust camber settings in the rear and tire pressure also, but I just assume these are last second squeezes to induce that last bit of oversteer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts