Team Integra Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
At speed for autocrossing is anywhere from 30-70mph...not very fast. So that does make more sense. The Real Time cars are so different than mine it's hard to compare them.
Wish I had the cash to try 10 different set ups!! So I know what I'm missing...if much.
I didn't mean to give you the idea that my car was neutral...it's more on the neutral side than understeering. At least for autocrossing.

I wouldn't call myself an autocross enthusiast if I couldn't get the tires to break loose and not lose control.
I am definately at the limits of the tires but when they let go it's almost always oversteer...Not just trail brake oversteer either. Very little understeer. Don't get me wrong...I'm still learning alot from the more experianced guys.
I'm just at the point where correction is automatic. I do it without thinking about it.
MD...how long have you been autocrossing? Or do you mostly road race?

I've been at 400/500 on Koni Yellows for some time now (22mm rear swaybar). The Konis remain on full stiff (slightly backed off), and there are bars that connect various chasis points (lower tie-bars front and back) that help (noticably I might add).

I DD it and it's been great. Make sure you have a good alignment (I don't run camber correction but keep an eye on the toe). Tires are also key. I like the Yokohama Advan ES100's and pay very close attention to the tire pressures.

MichaelDelaney on Mar/26/04 said:
you can run 600 rear spring rates on the street if you have the proper adjustable shock valving and not notice it given our wheel rate conversions on the gen 2-3 Teg suspensions. bad shocks and you notice it a lot.
The few times I've driven my 800F/600R setup on surface roads, it's beat the crap out of me. Seriously, it's like riding in the back car of a roller coaster. It sounds fun, but gets old after about 5 minutes. When you can invoke some throttle-lift over steer in a tight "S" turn and power out early, it's totally worth it. Maybe I'm a puss, but my body hurts after driving it, the girlfriend got motion sick the only time she's been in it, and if it wasn't for the 5pt harness I would have come out of the seat on a few of the hills/bumps.

The trade-off is great handling over great comfort and somewhere in the middle is what you're wanting. I think a 500F/400R with a re-valved shock would be ideal for a SOLO2 car. Just whatever you do, stay away from progressive rate springs; it's junk marketing.

once you set the adjustable konis to take the bounce out the back , it rides fine. maybe it's just me and I don't mind it but I've had passengers who have never driven in a race car before and said they didn't think it was harsh. Definitely not motion sick. Maybe our roads up here are smoother or less undulating? I don't know. There's plenty of people running on the street 500-600 lb/in rear springs on revalved konis who can share with you their subjective experience. But this is the problem you get into when you ask for opinions on a subjective topic like ride quality. BTW I don't run a 800 lb/in front either which may be part of the differences in our perceptions. I use the rear stiffer than front approach.

So I haven't seen a devoted string yet so I needed to begin one.

Essentially I'll be exchanging over to coilovers in the following month or somewhere in the vicinity and needed to perceive what you folks are running for rates for track/autocross use. I think I saw that jdm car was running 400/400 yet I was considering what others were running. Additionally incorporate influence bar arrangement (stock, post-retail, only one reseller's exchange, stock expelled from one end, and so on).

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.