Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so we're trying to put springs on my car and another guy's. We're having issues with the lowest bolt on the back. For some reason, when we try to loosen the bolt, it turns a little bit, then has an intense amount of resistance, and when we release the pressure on the wrench, the bolt springs back to where it was before, thus not loosening at all. Any ideas? It's doing this on both cars... Does it matter which side we twist of the bolt? Like, do we need to uncrew the nut? Or just uncrew the bolt? Here's the pic from the article of the bolt I'm talking about.

·
Registered
190 Posts
if your talking about the bottom bolt that holds the shock into place, the nut is welded onto the sway bar, its the bolt you need to take out. Spray the whole area with WD40 and let it soak for a min then try again.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
If its springing back like that, you are twisting the bolt, not loosening it. I'm surprised it didn't break, although they are heafty bolts.

What years are these cars? The Shock to LCA bolt is a common problem with aged or weather beaten Integras, they tend to sieze themselves to the bushing.

Do a search around the site, you'll find the solutions. (IE: cut/drill ect)

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeah i had the same thing happened to me, i broke one head of a bolt off before i just decided to take it to a shop and have them drill both sides out and put new bolts in there. It was like 25 dollars or something, then i finished the install myself. it saved from gettin pissed and smashin things lol.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
Haha! Gotta do whatcha gotta do.

That's really weird... The bolt holding the shock onto my LCA came out no problem at all. The nut was welded to the shock, so I just spun the bolt out... Then again I have a G2 so I don't know if it's any different.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
duece on Sep/25/07 said:
yeah i had the same thing happened to me, i broke one head of a bolt off before i just decided to take it to a shop and have them drill both sides out and put new bolts in there. It was like 25 dollars or something, then i finished the install myself. it saved from gettin pissed and smashin things lol.
Aight, well, this seems like the best idea I guess. What kind of shop did you take it to? And was it a major chain, or just a small local shop? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
Dremmel (or other high speed cutting device) should be able to take that sucker out. GL

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IslandGrlTeg808 on Sep/25/07 said:
I recently had the same problem. You're going to have to buy new bolts, nuts, LCA bushing (I personally picked up new BLOX LCA's). I broke two bolts on mine and I had a friend cut the bolts off with an angel grinder.

See my trial and error

Well... I really don't want to spend another $100 on LCAs if I don't have to... I only got my new springs for a bit better handling and because I got them for cheap (they are H&R OEs). Is it not possible to just drill out the old bolt and replace the bolt while keeping the old bushings and stuff? Also, could someone point out which bolts and/or bushings I will need here? I can't really tell from the diagram which one it is. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, we gave up for the day because we snapped one of the bolts on another guy's teg. Trying to figure out the right way to do it so I don't break stuff and get left without a safe car to drive.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just found this post from 04, anyone know exactly what bolts he's talking about? Maybe point it out in a picture or something? The article has a few pics, if the bolt is anywhere in those pics.

"I was able to get around having to take the LCA bolts off. Good news is instead of taking out the LCA bolt - i took out bolts that held all the arms up.. Viola - worked like a charm, popped right out, compressed the spring, took the top off the strut, replaced the spring and bam..."

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Assuming that nothing else is seized that may work. I did a couple on my car like that, except it took a LOT of prying to get the upper part of the assembly down. Would of been easier if all the other bolts were loosened but hey... what can you do sometimes...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.