Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 96 SE and i hate the amber section on the tail lights so like can i just spray paint that part red? I really like the 98+ ones but i don't want to pay that much for just tailights is their just a cheap alternative? anyone ever done this? thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is a way that you can put your tail lights in the oven at about 250 degrees for a few minutes at a time and then you can actually peel away the amber portion and replace it with red if you can find it a local home improvement store. im not sure exactly how its done but my friend did it to his prelude and if you are interested i can ask him exactly how its done. heres a pic. the white at the bottom used to be partly amber.

·
Registered
24 Posts
jdmkraziestyles on Jul/11/03 said:
thats on a prelude though. is it the same for the 94-97 taillights on the integra?
i dont know for sure, never done nor have i known anyone who has but id imagine it would be a similar process since theyre both hondas. but i dont know for sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can anyone post a diagram or something of the taillight.. I'm wondering how I'm goign to paint the tails (does the amber part come out .. ) or am I totally lost

Projects section could use this in it

·
Registered
685 Posts
Heisdan on Jul/12/03 said:
Can anyone post a diagram or something of the taillight.. I'm wondering how I'm goign to paint the tails (does the amber part come out .. ) or am I totally lost

Projects section could use this in it
The amber part doesn't come out. The way I've seen other people paint the amber corner is to mask the surrounding area. Then just spray the area with some stained glass type paint. Put on a couple of thin coats, then top with some sealant.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi,

I'm also thinking of spray paint my 95 RS oem tail lense red. I was wondring what's going to happen to reverse light? The reverse light should be white but with red lense paint on, it will still be white? red?

thanks.

YJ

·
Registered
80 Posts
yonjon, if you just spray them with the red stained glass paint, the reverse light will turn as red as your brake light. you need to put masking tape over the reverse light before spraying the whole thing. then just peel the tape off when youre done spraying

Edit: i just did this myself two days ago and it actually looks pretty good

·
Registered
80 Posts
ill get pics tomorrow if i get a chance, the only red they had was cherry red and its a bit darker than stock but i like it, it looks good on my black teg

1 - 20 of 37 Posts