Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody got any clever spots?
obviously most people mount it in the trunk but is there any ways to disguise it or something like that? ive heard of people covering there bottles with duffle bags
got any good ideas?

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
esrice on Sep/15/02 said:
Slap a Bazooka bass tube sticker on it. That'd be a sure way to disguise it, hehe.
actually thats a start to a good idea. get an old bass tube and hollow it out, place the bottle inside and put the ends back on and your set....might be a slight pain to get to for refills and such but it'd work.

·
Registered
404 Posts
or you could put a small bottle directly connected to the solinoid!!!!! hehe that would be cool!!!!!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
tony4311
love that idea... go on ebay and look for a 10" bass tube and doo that you can prolly get em for cheeps.... OR IF YOU GOT BANK get a NOS8 Bazooka Tube and fit a bottle in there the NOS8 even comes with mounting brackets to mount it at an angle. Or you can do what i did for my friends accord... Build a sub enclosure with a false face that give extra area behind it fit a small bottle behind there and the only access is bye folding down the seats.... when people pop the trunk they may not notice that you box is a little big... especially if you get intricate and use a sealed sub like a type r that only needs 1 foot cube and then put a port on your false area and says its a big box because its ported just dont be playing the sub or they may notice no air coming out.... HEY ITS A GOOD WAY TO MAKE MO MoNEY MO MoNEY

·
Registered
833 Posts
Ive seen people hide them under tool box covers in their trunk!very clever

·
Registered
354 Posts
thats a good one too. i think that wouldnt be a bad idea for my CRX MUHAHAHA MUHAHAHA thank you for that idea....

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Anyone ever heard of people making room in the center console? You'd have to use a 5lb or even a 3lb bottle, but it would be slick!.

I like the sub enclosure idea. Actually thought about that one
. I KNOW a guy that uses the duffle bag trick. Although he doesn't know that I know.... He thinks I think he's not spraying.

I hate to reference Fast & Furious, but their depiction of the bottles in the Seat of the RX-7 was

I've had people pose the idea of mounting the bottle up under the glove compartment where the airbag is. That thing is REALLY deep.

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
hypnotizd on Jul/08/03 said:
Get 4 "sneaky pete" bottles and hide them inside the passenger seat cushion.... I saw that somewhere.

lol.
Gee....
I wonder where that was!

·
Registered
47 Posts
buy a old 10" 12" sub and build a box for it stick it in there and hinge the back so you can get it out and your set. my buddy did and he his a crx.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Why not just empty a fire extinguisher, replace the top with that of a Nitrous bottle w/ an adapter, and fill that with nitrous?

·
Registered
136 Posts
what about get a skicker from one of those bass in a bottle. those look like a nitrous bottle. everyone would see it and think its a sub. it would be great

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
There is a guy on this website that has one stashed where his air resonator used to be. I can't take credit for such an awesome idea. I'm going to do that.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
smetanap on Jul/08/03 said:
Why not just empty a fire extinguisher, replace the top with that of a Nitrous bottle w/ an adapter, and fill that with nitrous?
Don't quote me on this but I don't think a fire extinguisher could hold 1000 psi.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
smetanap on Jul/08/03 said:
You CAN quote me. A fire extinguisher cannot hold 1000 lbs. If you look at those bottles, they only hold a working pressure of 180 psi or so and have a max pressure of somewhere in the range of 300psi.

C02 bottles can hold nitrous pressures however...

I do like the hide it in the center console, that would be slick as hell.

·
Registered
362 Posts
hmmmmm maybe take old or new paintball canisters for 20 bucks and 'slap' a nitrous bottle valve on there you could actually, if you get the right size, put it(them) just about anywhere. mmmmmmmmmmmm cheapness (drools)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts