Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was just wondering what is a spoon engine? IN the context of....I have an integra with a spoon engine. What the heck is it? I hope this isn't obvious and now I look like an ass, ah well you never know if you dont ask I guess.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
This is a commonly asked question so don't kick yourself.

A Spoon engine is an engine that has been blueprinted for clearances and tolerances. They may have whatever spoon goodies. As to why the hell it's called "Spoon" is beyond me. They're kinda overrated IMHO.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I think spoon sell an engine block, I would imagine throughing some spoon pisons, and other enigine parts would make it a "Spoon engine".

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
From Spoon's website.

Overhaul Engine Assy : Each weight difference of the parts with which it moves in engine is united with less than 0.1g, a metal also improves burner capacity carefully again to less than 0.2 cc, and a skillful mechanic in the company assembles the parts of all engine again precisely for every one combination correctly.

Price: 380,000 yen (B18C)

Price coverts to $3,129 USD. Obviously not originally written in English haha.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Spoon is a JDM Honda tuner - sort of like how Alpina is a German tuner for BMW products or how Ruff is a tuner for Porsche. If you have a spoon engine in your Honda or a Ruff engine in your Porsche or even a Aplina engine in your BMW--not only is it VERY hot stuff--it's very rare.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Yes, my next project is to start a company called KNIFE. I will blueprint stock Honda parts and sell them at an exorbitantly expensive price for a stock part and make millions at the expense of unsuspecting label hungry, brand name driven Americans. I will then move to Hawaii and retire along with my harem of blonds. thank you.

·
Registered
406 Posts
hahaha that sounds like a good plan Mike...can i apply to be your assistant/note taker?...Oh and don't forget your 30+ lovely hula girls

-Jon-

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
$3,100 isn't bad for a long block. Too bad you can't get them here for under $8,000.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Michael Delaney on Sep/22/02 said:
Yes, my next project is to start a company called KNIFE. I will blueprint stock Honda parts and sell them at an exorbitantly expensive price for a stock part and make millions at the expense of unsuspecting label hungry, brand name driven Americans. I will then move to Hawaii and retire along with my harem of blonds. thank you.
took my idea...but i was going to call it fork

·
Registered
604 Posts
they were missin sr20det engines but if you looked closely i believe the cars that were missin the engines were integras makes ya wonder doesn't it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts