Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would these be a direct replacement on a GSR? I believe the 4-2 will be, but is the 2-1 longer than our stock ones, or will it fit right up to the cat? If not, what would I need to do to make it fit to a Comptech cat back?
-Cody

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Spoon improved their header design with the one-piece 4-2-1 header, the two piece looks kind of iffy to me. I doubt you'd gain anything from the two piece header, it's not very different from the stock manifold.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK. But my worries about the one piece is that it would hit the ground if I was to drop the car if I hit a bad bump or something...I dont want to drop the car too much, maybe a 1 3/4" at the most (H&R Sport springs). Would that be a problem? Also, what would I need to make to one piece fit up to the Comptech cat back? And would the Comptech exhaust be too small for this header, and create a bottleneck? I would settle with an inch drop if that kept the header out of harms way...

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Remember the header connects to the cat, not the exhaust. You will need a bigger cat with the proper flanges to fit a JDM-spec header such as this on your car.

I wouldn't get a big 2.5" header like this if you are sticking with the small 2.25" Comptech exhaust. It's really a waste of a $900 header and you'd get the same results with something cheaper. You should look at my old dyno with my old setup in the dyno section, I wasn't making much more power than stock because my stock-sized 2.25" Comptech was choking off any added flow the 2.5" 4-1 header was giving me.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I know the header connects to the cat, so I would need a 2.5" cat, correct? Where do you get the proper flanges at? I will also need a 2.5" exhaust system also to prevent the bottleneck. Ok, but since its a JDM header, what cat backs are availible in 2.5" piping? Or will USDM cat backs fit fine? I just canceled my order on the Comptech Cat back..

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
SMSP on this board does that kind of exhaust stuff and can hook you up with a 2.5" Carsound with flanges already pre-welded. Check the common topics list in the Performance forum, there's a huge thread dedicated to 2.5" catbacks there.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found it, Thanks alot for the help SurferX! You just saved me close to 600 bucks.
Cody

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey 2 more questions, Ive searched but couldnt find an answer. How much lower does the spoon header hang down than stock? And what would be the lowest I should drop the car to insure that the header will be ok?
Cody

1 - 10 of 10 Posts