Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I had a car accident in which a large PVC pipe fell off the top of a truck when it was braking and hit my rear end. It landed on my spoiler making a large ditch about the size of my hand on the right side of my spoiler. I can post pics if needed. Anyways I sent my car in repairs knowing that my spoiler brake light definitely worked apart from a couple of LEDs.

The following week I pick up my car and my spoiler brake light didn't work at all, not even one. So they tell me they checked the wiring and tested the power running to the brake light and claim that the brake light just died out.

I'm no genius but aren't LEDs suppose to have a long life span. I know over time a few may no longer work or become dimmer but the whole brake light section no longer works.

So I figure they replaced my spoiler with another because I didn't know they can simply fix spoilers by filling in the holes and because when I knock across my spoiler from where the ditch use to be and it doesn't sound any different from the other sections of my spoiler.

These are just my ideas and thoughts I could be wrong. All i know is my spoiler brake light was working well at least 80% of it was... got my car back and none of them work... and they claim it simply burnt out.

Any ideas and opinions would be helpful and much appreciated

·
Registered
398 Posts
Dude that sucks about the truck.
As for the LEDs, yes, typically they are pretty sturdy.
I don't have a stock LED brake light in the wing, but there are two ways to wire em up: series and parallel. The only part about that that matters is that if it's in series then when one goes bad they will all go bad ( like cheap christmas lights ) and in parallel an LED can go bad and the rest will continue to shine (as you say happened to you).
Therefore if theyre all dead then the bar likely isnt getting any power or they screwed you. Take off the LED bar and check the wiring - they may have taken the bar off of the wing before they repainted it instead of masking it and didnt plug it in all the way (or pluged it in backwards). Also if you have a multimeter have someone step on the brakes and test the voltage coming out of the brake light lead in the wing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.