Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the article on how to bleed/flush your clutch fluid I went out to get clear tubing and some DOT3 brake fluid.

While I was trying to open the bleeder I accidentally spilled some brake fluid onto the engine and headers and some other parts.

Is this going to cause any damage to my engine or any parts that I spilled brake fluid on? I tried cleaning it with a rag and took of the heat shield and tried to wipe it down.

Whats a good way to clean the brake fluid or is it going to be fine like that?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't get it on the paint. Just got it on the stock headers and whatevers underneath and some around the block. Doesn't look like I got it on any belts either.
I got some of it on the driveway too. Can I just wash that with water or do I need to treat as if it was engine oil?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
You may have to treat it like oil since its kinda like oil but not really detergent might do the trick. What ever is spilled on the headers is going to burn off quickly one time my dumb ass took out the coolant reservoir and the stock header melted a hole 4 inches in diameter the plastic of the header was gone the next day. If your engine is dirty you might as well clean the whole thing but if not dont worry about it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah so after cleaning it where I could without taking the headers off, I started up the car. After a bit I start seeing the brake fluid/cleaner smoking off the headers. I was a bit worried but it's good to know I don't need to worry much about it. Puts my mind at ease. Thanks guys.

Also I totally forgot to bleed the clutch. I realize that the 8mm isn't the correct size or am I doing it wrong?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
as long on its not on a painted surface dont worry about it, unless your a neat freak like me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.