Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the 9005 Conversion (Using Silverstars) create spiderwebs on the headlight since it has more wattage and gets hotter than stock bulbs? heres a site of how the spiderwebing looks like Spiderwebbing
I just bought my silverstars today for $50 and I'm having second thoughts if I should install it.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
The 9005 conversion shouldn't create any more heat than any xenon gas 9006 bulb. The only difference between the two, is the 9006 has a cap on the end of it to dull the light somewhat. The 9005 does not have that cap.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I've kept a close eye on my lenses since getting the conversion done. No problems at all. This is after way more than a year of having it done too.

If you aren't going to use them as 9005 conversion bulbs then take them back. Silverstars are awesome as the bulb for the conversion but are only slightly better than 'pretty damn good' for high beams. For the amount of time your highs actually get play its not worth spending 50 bones for bulbs. Definatly get your money back on em if you aren't going to carve them up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts