Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speedometer was acting up so I decided to take it in to the dealer since I'm still under warranty. Turns out the coil inside broke and this has been a common problem on other Integras as well. Honda had posted on the TSB on the part about a year ago for a recall on the speedometer of certain years of the Integra. I've been seeing a couple "my speedometer doesnt work" threads popping up frequently so maybe you might want to take it to the dealer to get it checked out as yours may be one affected on the recall. If you are affected on the recall you can get it replaced free of charge even if you are past your warranty.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
josh, do you have a link to the TSB?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I don't, so I don't know exactly which years are affected unfortunately and if it is specific to the Type R's speedometer or if it affects the regular Integra speedometers as well.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
can you get whatever is under the TSB fixed for free, regardless of warranty expiration?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Year: 2001 Make: ACURA Model: INTEGRA Recall Date: 07/26/2002

Type of Report: Vehicle
Potential Number of Units Affected: 375
Manufactured: 01/2001 - 01/2001
Defect Summary:
oN CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, SOME OF THE PASSENGER AIR BAG MODULES WERE NOT PROPERLY WELDED AND MAY NOT DEPLOY IN A COLLISIoN.
Consequence Summary:
THE SEAT OCCUPANT MAY NOT BE PROPERLY PROTECTED IN THE EVENT OF A COLLISIoN, INCREASING THE RISK OF PERSoNAL INJURY.
Corrective Summary:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE PASSENGER AIR BAG MODULE. OWNER NOTIFICATIoN BEGAN AUGUST 2, 2002. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER oN AN AGREED UPoN SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASoNABLE TIME SHOULD CoNTACT HoNDA AT 1-800-999-1099 OR ACURA AT 1-800-382-2238.

thought this might be important... its pretty new...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts