Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help guys. I dont know whats up. Yesterday i am driving an dmy speedometer goes up and down like crazy. Btw im boosted on my gsr. Well Im cruising and the out of nowhere my speedometer goes up or down and goes out of control when i hit the gas. When i hit the gas hard it will go the right speed on odo but out of nowhere drop to 5-30mph or go up. Can anyone please help. What needs to be replace?? What seems to be the problem???

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well. When i am cruising and i hit the pedal the odometer goes down and when im steady speed again the needle goes upand down up and down. But when it goes down it goes all the way to 0mph which bogs my car and slows down hard out of nowhere when speedometer drops out of no where when i speed up

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
So the car is not losing speed, just the speedo itself is acting up?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
94-Teg on Jan/13/06 said:
probably a short somewhere
be any more vague?

anyway..

With the ignition switch in oN (II) or START (III), battery voltage is supplied through fuse 15 and the BLK/YEL wire to the vehicle speed sensor (VSS). The sensor is grounded by the BLK wire to G101 The speedometer and other control units in the circuit supply about 5 volts to the ORN wire. The vehicle speed sensor (VSS) intermittently grounds the ORN wire which generates a pulsed signal in it. The number of pulses per minute increases/decreases with the speed of the car.

1. test the black wire for continuity, i.e Resistance.. so either back probe, or somehow get a connection to the black wire and run the other DVOM wire to ground, should have some sort of resistance, if not, repair the open between there and a ground..

2.Check for battery voltage on the blk/yellow wire.. is there voltage? If, not, repair the short between the vss and the underdash fuse/relay box

3. Test he blu/why wire for a 5 volt reference signal.. is there 5 v? no, repair open between vss and ecu

4. Test the actual sensor..Connect the positive test lead to the blu.wht wire and the neg. lead to the black wire on the sensor or battery ground, now look at your DVOM and put the vehilce on the lift or raise the vehicle with a jack and place the car in neutral and spin the wheel by hand, does the signal pulse from 0-5v??? if not, replace the vss..

Before testing, inspect the No. 15 (7.5 A) fuse in the under-dash fuse/relay box.

More than likely it will be your vss going bad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
GS-R 94
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing