Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home from visiting my friend in Cleveland, TN this weekend when I got pulled over in Bartow Couny, GA on I-75. I thought the speed limit was 70, but it turns out it was only 60 when I was clock with a laser gun going 84. The ticket has no amount to be paid on it, only a court summons date. I've done a little research on the Internet about GA speeding tickets and from everything I've read it sounds like I have to make that court date or my license is suspended. If I lived in GA, it would be suspended anyways because I was going 24 over (which is exactly the suspension point).

Does any one live in GA that knows how GA tickets work or gotten a ticket in GA and know how it works when you live outside that state? I live in FL and I'm deathly afraid I'm going to be driving up to GA in October to deal with this ticket and afraid of a suspension on top of that.

Also, if anyone knows how I can get some free GA-specific legal advice on this I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Call the courthouse that is supposed to be the lcoation of your ticket and see what they tell you. I've heard you can have the trial moved (location) if its impossible for you to make the date.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm 19, so hopefully I'll be better off than an 18 year old. However, I could possibly make the court date, but it's about an 8-9 hour drive and I would have to miss at least one day of school, not to mention 16 nearly consecutive hours of driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts