Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i'm just wondering if a 98 teg tops out at 180km/h what does that mean? i know there's no governor. any suggestions? thanks

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
That means that the big guy upstairs is trying to keep you from killing yourself...It also means that you have reached the cars top speed most likely because of aerodynamic issues...but like I said, there's no need to go that fast anyways.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
180 kph = 112 mph.

power limits, gearing (taller gears give higher top speeds), and friction from the contact with the road and aerodynamics (frontal area, drag, lift & downforce) will limit your top speed.

We have a 3 lane pay toll highway up here in Toronto (HWY 407). It has long stretches of straights and at certain times during the day, there is hardly anyone on it. It is often under police surveillance for speeders for this reason. Last year, some kid tried to do a top speed run on it at around 4pm. He did 130 mph on it while a news helicopter was filming him doing the deed. His Warhol 5 min. of fame. He made the 6 o'clock news and the newspaper the next day. He was pulled over and lost his license. Guess what he was driving?.....

a teg.

that idiot, gave us teg owners all a bad name up here...(he should have done it at 2am!!! only kidding!!! you should do this at a track folks...don't get other innocent people involved if you screw up and injure someone).

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
the OPP (ontario Provincial Police) have different pursuit interceptors...I think they are modified Pontiac Grand Ams and Chevy Impalas....and in some parts of Toronto, they use Supercharged Camaro Z28's...

no Dudley Dooright (Rocky and Bullwinkle Show's Mountie) up here in these parts...

·
Registered
446 Posts
all integras are gear limited ... but all US vehichls have a mandetory cap at 142mph soo if u hit 146 its because ur either in canada or u knocked out ur govenor

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
with all due respect---dude are you sick -you risked the lives of not yourself but 3 others----

Ive raced on a 5 mile strip (country farm land) and topped out at 135--UNTIL i got my VAFC-- then i was able to top at 150 (cant see any higher on the speedo)

·
Registered
37 Posts
We were on a 4 lane highway that is perfectly straight for about 10 miles... it took about 8 of them to get to that speed. their wasnt another car on the road for a good 15 miles ahead of us we were told, so it seemed relitivly safe at the time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ive blown a rear tire at about 110 on the track and really didnt even come close to losing control... im sure it would have been a different story if it was a front though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My friend told me he was quite sure his del sol was faster than my gs-r so he drove up the rd and then called me... but does it really mater?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts