Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, i have a clarion head unit, i just replaced the front speakers with infinity reference 6022i and would like to replace the rear aswell. i would like more bass without having to get an amp. should i just put another set of infinity's in the rear or go with something like a kicker ssmb6 6.5" midbass driver/subwoofer?? Would a midbass driver really give better base and would it be safe to run off of just a head unit?? I dont have the funding for an amp but maybe in a couple years. Any suggestions would help..thanx...

·
Registered
154 Posts
To properly drive a speaker off a source unit's power is asking a lot. Midbass drivers would be more prefered from a sound quality standpoint so I'd try to find the most efficient set you can if you choose to go that direction. If sound quality isn't important and you just want it to get loud then go with a drop in speaker setup with a tweeter integrated as it'll be louder through the range even if it wont have the stronger midbass.

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
If you got another set of speakers in the rear and made a box for the speaker that closes over the rear mounting basket you could make more bass with that. And have highs too. Thereare companies that make 6.5" subwoofers, but you'd still have to make your rear mounts have an airtight box. There was an article somewhere on here about it, but I cant find it. first suggestion sounds better because of HU amplification.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It really is all on you and want you want out of it. In your case if you are going to go with speakers, go with the Infinity Reference 6020cs component speakers $199. If money is an issue go Infinity Reference 6010cs component speakers $99.

The kicker ssmb6 $130
-88db
-30-500Hz
-125Watts(RMS)
-250 Peak Watts
-4 ohms
or I would go with the
MTX Audio TXC6.0 midbass speakers $125
-91db
-43-250Hz
-150Watts(RMS)
-300Peak Watts
-4 ohms

They both are really good companies. But it is all up to you man. Hope you get the sound that you want from whatever you buy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If i were to move the reference 6022i to the rear and get 6010cs components for the front would i be okay running the components just off the 50Wx4 headunit without causing any damadge or would that be a waste of money. I know that i would get better results with an amp but i dont have the funds right now and would like to avoid getting one in general.. Thanx

·
Registered
324 Posts
matt360 on Oct/10/07 said:
all i have to say is..if you go to a concert, do you hear music form the rear?

rear fill ruins music in my honest opinion.
Yes, but just because you add a midbass driver to the back doesn't have to mean the sound will be pulled to the rear. From my understanding, that's the purpose of a good rear fill, to subtlety "fill in" the music, not destroy your system's imaging.

Then again, I got to spend some time in realm audio's demo BMW x5 and they were running full component sets in the front and rear doors. It was really hard to tell they even had tweets (while sitting up front) in the rear doors, the imaging was that good. Of course it was well tuned and heavily faded to the front. The x5 is also much larger.

I've used that "does your back face the band at a concert?" line with many customers who seem to think adding more full range speakers to the back somehow gives it a "surround" effect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.