Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me a little something about these terms.??

reference speakers
component speakers

i am about to buy new speakers after blowing $200 on some not so good PIoNEERs (2 pairs, TS-A1667). thinking about buying INFINITI KAPPAS but don't know which line.

any suggestions for a new setup would be nice also.

my current setup is:
HU: Pioneer DEH-P8400 (MOSFET 50W x 4)

PS. i know virtually nothing on what to buy.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Well, first off, how much are you looking to spend? What kind of setup do you want and how far do you want to go? Do you want better bass, better mids, better highs...For the best quality mids and highs you would want to go with components which are systems that (usually) come with a tweeter, a speaker, and a crossover. Basically the component setup creates a much creates a much cleaner sound then reference speakers which are just regular speakers because the components allow for the tweeter to be placed in a seperate location and the crossover filters out the sounds that should not be played in the highs/mid range. Basically you get true sound quality when using components compared to reference speakers which can be multiple way speakers but do not compare with components. Hope that helps somewhat. Answer the questions above and im sure that if I cant help you someone else will be able to. I just put in a set of Kicker RS6 components and they are amazing and brought my car's audio system to life. The clarity of every note is astounding. This is how you will feel with components, as long as they are good. The infinity's are good components but watch because they are not long lived. If you are truly interested in components look into purchasing MB Quarts, Kicker, and Focal. Those are my fav brands.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can spend about another $200. i'm just looking for more of a punch from my speakers and less.... (treble.??) i want a soothing massage and less of the high notes....

this is a newbie explaining what he'd like here - hope you don't mind.lolz.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Then youre not looking for highs but rather midds and low. Your deck should be able to control your treble if you turn it all the way down. Have you sold thos pioneers? Because you could reinvest that money or you could actually place those speakers in the back where they should be more useful. Up front youre most likely not gonna want a component system becasue you will get more high notes unless you tune it down which would make the tweeter useless...so why pay for it. You will probably just want to get mid bass horns. Look into the kicker R6's i believe. Also anything by polk, infinity will not hit your wallet too hard and it will keep you happy. Now if you really want your system to punch through those mids....Get a set of speakers, and then amp both your pioneers and your front speakers. It will sound much much better then wired to your head unit. Hope that helps. Pm me if you have any more questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts