Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I have no knowledge when it comes to car audio. So pardon my ignorance. I have searched around, and I have narrowed my choices for speakers down to 2 of each. I want something that is a direct replacement for the OEM speakers. Plug and play! I do not want to run an amp, just would like to upgrade OEM speakers.

I already have an aftermarket [Panasonic] headunit in place. Now I would like to see which of my choices you would select for my application

Car: 1996 Acura Integra Sedan

Front Speakers: 6.5's

Choice #1

Choice #2

Rear Speakers: 6x9's

Choice #1

Choice #2

Which set of the above, would perform great ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
200 Posts
Infinity Reference 6002i for the front. No difference in $, but total peak watts and RMS is a little higher than the other model.

Infinity Reference 6953i for the back because they're pretty much the same as your other choice in every aspect; plus it would be nice to go brand-to-brand.

Peace.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i got a pair of the infinity 6002si but they are my rear speakers... they decent for some highs but don't have much bass in them... also rear's are just for fill in... i would recommend in getting some decent front speakers...

what are you goign to do with your stock tweets?? since i assume you going to get some 2 way front speaker to replace the bottoms one in your door.. why not replace the tweet too??? me and a friend installed some aftermarket tweets from MB Quart (set came with tweets and some 6.5 woofers) and they fit right into the stock housing... probally will cost more then those 6 1/2 that you want to put in but they will sound way better... just my $.02

but since you not going to run an amp.. i guess your choices of what you got are ok... i just think that imagining is going to be off with a stock tweet there...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
First of all, DO NOT order anything off of crutchfield. It is a great page for research, but generally have really high prices. I think all choices are pretty good. I personally really like the way crystal mobilesound speakers (6.5") sound (for your front speakers). If you aren't running an amp to them, I think they give you the best sound. You can get them at sounddomain.com for about $60 (the shallow mounts to ensure proper front door mounting depth). Another good place to look for speakers would be ikesound.com. As for the power you are giving your speakers, remember that your headunit is most likely only putting out about 10-20 watts rms, so there is no real need to go out and buy crazy wattage speakers. As for the rears, I don't have much experience on 6X9's, but I would say either infinity or the jbl would sound just fine.

BTW - SSbluegsr, those tweeters you are talking about are called component speakers. They come with a tweeter, a 6.5 woofer and a crossover. It is not worth getting components if you do not plan on amping them.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Yea, I've heard that US Acoustics make good amps. I'd say that if you are planning on getting an amp, I would get a 4 channel (to run all 4 speakers). You don't need a very powerful amp to run speakers (that 65 X 2 would be perfect for 2 speakers). If you get an amp, I would say get components for the front as well (since there is already a spot for it in the door). I have infinity reference 6.5" components in my car and they sound great. I would then go with the 6X9 infinities for the rear. A US acoustics 4 channel will do the job, another amp to look into is the jbl 80.4.

BTW- If you don't get an amp, your speakers will still sound good. The amp will just make them sound a little (not a significant) amount better. If you are just looking to keep things simple (wiring an amp is kind of a pain) I would just get the crystal mobilesounds for the front, and the infinity 6X9"s in the rear. If you do plan on getting an amp, I would have a pro install it. If you wire it wrong, you can run into problems (alternator noise, getting too much power to your speakers).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.