Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in a thread that it would be a good idea to go for a tune up on my car to get the quarter times down. I'm running a '94 RS.

How would I know if I actually need this? Can I take a look at the spark plugs and see, or can they need replacing and still look good? And what brand/type/rating or whatever would be best for an RS with pretty much all of the bolt-ons? What are the differece between cold/hot plugs (I thought I heard them referred to as that).

Also, don't you think it would be good to have an article on how to replace spark plugs and/or wires? I'm sure its easy and I can probably figure it out, but I've never had to do it before...

And any indications I should look for to see if I need to replace the wires? I hear stock or magnecore are the best. Do stock wires lose efficiency after a while? They've probably been on my car since '94. What should I go with if I replace them (that isn't ridiculously expensive yet effective)?

Thanks a lot all you smart people.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Savy on Sep/28/02 said:
stock ones on your car since 94
ya i think its time for a change
I doubt stock since '94, because the guy before me took it to acura for regular maintenance.

So which ones are best to buy for this application? And what are good wires that aren't insanely expensive?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Go MSD for crying out loud, there not going to blow a whole in your wallet.
Just don't go out to dinner for a week, or tell your gf you can';t go out for a week and *presto* new stuff for the whip!

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So where's a good place to find them, and how much would they run me?

Also, I just checked my wires and they say 1993 and Sumitomo, so that tells me that they have been on my car since it was manufactured, and they are the stock kind...

Do these wires just wear out or what?

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also, I know the earlier 3rd gens used sumitomo wires... did they ever change brands? And if so, are the newer ones better?

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
my gen3 (1995 GSR) came with sumitomo wires-- just went bad i am getting NGK 8mm wires (for better spark on the turbo
if anyone knows different let me know please

1 - 11 of 11 Posts