Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you guys think this is a worthwhile thing to do, or whether the gains were negligible. You will get a 1-2% hp increase and a cleaner burn from the combustion chamber, and it relatively simple to do and cheap. If you guys think it's a good idea I will do an article on it.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
I don't think it's worth the effort but other people may. For the nitpicking time it takes, you don't gain anything noticeable, even if you are trying to squeeze out every last hp out of the engine. We don't have spark plugs off to one side with a huge asymmetric combustion chamber shape with lots of surface area like the domestic V8's do. The centrally located sparkplug in a pentroof chamber design is compact with low surface area to volume ratios compared to the domestics and apply the lean burn combustion theory very well. We achieve a more complete burn more easily than they do...and indexing for them is worthwhile due to their antiquated combustion chamber design. The newer domestics like the ZR6 Corvette LS1 engines now have taken a page from the Japanese and are using pentroof combustion chambers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts