Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been brought up before but I was curious if any significant gains have been felt from switching over from platinum plugs to copper on GSR's. I just installed a set of DENSO platinum plugs (Expensive I might add), but was wondering if it would be worth it to put in NGK coppers instead. This would pertain to a stock 95 GSR. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
897 Posts
no.

·
Registered
768 Posts
no improvements what so ever. However, the stock units are the most reliable you can get. $65 for the set

·
Registered
36 Posts
Actually, if you are burning oil and your plugs get fouled now and then, ive found the coppers last a longer time before getting fouled than the platinums for some reason.

(yes, i know, im getting a ring and valve job to fix)

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I use standard Bosch platinums. I have unscientifically compared them against standard electrode size copper core NGK's and the GSR OEM Denso platinums. They performed better than standard NGK's - smoother idle/response and I could tell no difference between them and OEM Densos. I open the gap up a little (.005") due to their lower arc over voltage. I believe they are the best bang for the buck plugs. These differences are slight, but to me, if I can tell a difference, it's significant. The price difference is certainly significant. Here are some dyno charts comparing plugs: click

1 - 6 of 6 Posts