Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about making one of the spare tire enclosures. but i dont really wanna mess with all the fiberglass. would wood work ok? just seal all the joints and drop em in?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
yes it will work, I used to have it, its just very heavy. Give me a little bit and I will get some pictures up here of it after I pulled it out of the car.

·
Registered
561 Posts
yah woods fine. Fiberglass is used to maximize usage of the available space. If you dont need alot of space, and have a small enlcosuer it will be okay. Not quite as cool as glassing it though.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
here are some pictures...kinda rough looking, but it used to be carpeted and there was a grill over the sub itself.
This is the actual box.

This is the box with the 'floor' mounted to it. the reason there is a section missing in the middle at the top is because the is where the nos bottle was flush mounted. Just some Ideas for you.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Here is what the box looked like out of the car.

·
Registered
567 Posts
hey sorry if i'm off topic, but acurasquirrel, how do you like those jl amps? im going for the 250/1 but i dunno if it's worth the extra cash i'd have to spend on it...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the pictures, gives me good ideas. do you get alot of thumpin with a box like this? cause with my current system, the bass is pretty good, but its so darn heavy and big. im also kinda ghettofied so i like lots of bass. can anyone recomend the type of wood i should use? i mean i want something light-weight, but i dont want the sound to be all messed up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts