Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i was planning on replacing the stock speakers in my g2. I don't have a huge budget right now so i'm gonna go with the either Sony Xplod's or Pioneer. I can't seem to find the Sony Xplod's that my local walmart had anywhere on the internet.. So i'm not totally sure about the specs, but i think it was 1100W for one 10".

My question is if i get 4 Sony Xplod 5.25" for the front and back stock places (i know stock is 6.5"), then a 4 pack tweeters, 2-10's with a 1000W Xplod amp, would that be alright?
Would that amp be okay with that setup?

I don't know much about car systems..

EDIT: Forgot about the headunit.. yeah i can't remember the brand of it either lol and i can't find it on walmart.com.. all i remeber it was 200W hope it helps.

·
Registered
888 Posts
don't buy any sony equipment from wal-mart.
I'm not saying this because it's horrible, but you can get stuff much cheaper on ebay if you look in the right places.
Also, are you planning to run the tweeters, 5.25's and subs all on one amp?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just parroting the above, EBAY YOUR SPEAKERS. all you have to do is look for NIB/New In Box. I'd go Sony, which I would never say before now. my buddy got one of those 10" black Xplod subs and it was definitely better than my old 12" Pioneer.

Depending on the wattage of the door and rear speakers you buy, that amp may or may not be enough. If the total of those four plus the tweeters is less than 200W then the amp can supply all of its power to your subs. What you need to look at is the RMS and Peak for both the subs and amp. If the amp is 2 channel with 250 RMS/500 peak per channel and each sub is 500 RMS/1000 Peak, you're only half-powering each sub.

Also, back to the whole ebay thing... if every item you buy is NIB, almost all manufacturers have pretty decent warranties and they're usually 1 year long. If you're on a budget, ebaying NIB audio equipment will get you nicer stuff at a lower price. If you can, go Audiobahn. It'll make you much happier than any Sony.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i once owned a Pt cruiser with a great sound system. I had pioneer speakers all around and i had 2 12" soney explode subs with the 1200w Sony Explode amp. i had like the cheapest pioneer speakers you could get but they sounded good for the money. I was running all of this from a old kenwood cd player.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Yes EBAY for SPEAKERS

LAiN on Sep/12/07 said:
Also, back to the whole ebay thing... if every item you buy is NIB, almost all manufacturers have pretty decent warranties and they're usually 1 year long. If you're on a budget, ebaying NIB audio equipment will get you nicer stuff at a lower price. If you can, go Audiobahn. It'll make you much happier than any Sony.
Yeah NIB is a great way to find good stuff, but also try using audio stores on ebay, just as you would for parts from a parts store on ebay. I bought 2 of the Sony Xplod 15's and i'm still trying to sell one, but it sounds a lot better than most other "cheaper" speakers that are out there. but like he said, audiobahn is a great company, i also reccomend mtx myself. i've had some great sound from them.

and if you go with mtx, get a jackhammer!!! lolz.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sony door speakers are terrible, that sound very cheap in IMO. The best sounding, cheap 6.5's ($100 or less MSRP) I've heard were the mtx coaxials we used to sell at circuit city. The TDX6502's I think.

Also when looking at sony amps, the rms wattage is usually peak/2 - 100. So that "1100 watt" amp is gonna be about 400-450 watts rms. Sony 2ch amps ARE NOT 2ohm stable when bridged either, just keep that in mind since those subs are probably single voice coil.

·
Registered
66 Posts
onlinecarstereo.com. <<awesome
i would go pioneer for doors speakers if you wana go cheap.... and save up and get alpine sub and amp. pay a lil more and be 5x happier. heres a pic of my system. Also..its not all about numbers. with my expierience..sonys get loud with no quality to them so it sounds like ****. single type r blows away 2 sonys :p and btw.. custom box. go here if you interested.
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=221160

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
That box put weight on only one corner of your car...ruining cornering ability of stock suspension, not to mention it takes up half the rear!!

It looks clean though...hehe good job on that.

Ive heard all this rave about these Type R's..but to tell you the truth, its definitely over rated.

1 Sony 10/12 in would be find...those xplods are quite clear.

I have the CDXGT300 headunit from them, handles up to 52W max...very clear.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i was gonna look on ebay but i just figured they would be POS quality but thanks guys i'll look.. like i said i dont know hardly anything about the ohms or Watts or w\e.

Sorry i didnt respond earlier, my pc decided to take a ****. so Thanks anymore opinions will help.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
but sony speakers are also the cheapest ones
if u compare them in theyr price range( warehouse prices) they will sound same with a few exceptions that are purposely lowered in price for promotion to get customers hooked up on certain brand but those are off the market quicker than when u leave type r parked outside

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
btw our sony rep just announced that sony cut all theyr car A/V lines in japan ( pretty much sopped makin stuff for japan) that tells u something...

whats ur budget?
so u plan to amp the speakers
get pioneer cd player they have more sound options than sony and they seem to have lil deeper bass compared to alpine and sony
are you plannin for components in front?
(amplified components will sound much better)
if u re on a budget then ampin ur speakers would be pointles imho.
better spend that money on better HU that will give u good quality adn better options if u plannin to have a sub.
(but note that pioneer is 20hz-16000hz frequency responce using internal amp and 20hz -20000hz output to rca).. i gotta go be back later to finish my essay:)

·
Registered
246 Posts
i say pioneer man. i install all that stuff and gotta know about it all. sony on there explodes mainly tend to over soot the max watt ratings on there products. mainly the car audio. pioneer is so much better with this kind of stuff and more experienced. id go with them any day of the week.....when it comes to pioneer or sony.( imma a kenwood man myself)

·
Registered
66 Posts
SirLaughsALot on Sep/12/07 said:
That box put weight on only one corner of your car...ruining cornering ability of stock suspension, not to mention it takes up half the rear!!

Ive heard all this rave about these Type R's..but to tell you the truth, its definitely over rated.

well from that veiw it looks that it takes up alot of room... but if u look at it from other veiws.. u can see it takes up much less space then it looks. and type r's r prolly the best sub for the buck. i have had xplods. my freiends have/had xplods. they sound like ****. if u want a big boom with no sound quality. get them :). if you want a real sub.. go best buy. and test out the subs on display..they should have a type r out.. and compare it to the others. :)
and most decks put out 50-52 watts a chan

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
alright, i'll look at pioneer prices, i know they are alittle more but if its only a little then i guess its worth it, also a response to the ebay idea.

cheap ass amp

would this work lmao?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haoleboi808 on Sep/13/07 said:
Quote: SirLaughsALot on Sep/12/07That box put weight on only one corner of your car...ruining cornering ability of stock suspension, not to mention it takes up half the rear!!

well from that veiw it looks that it takes up alot of room... but if u look at it from other veiws.. u can see it takes up much less space then it looks. and type r's r prolly the best sub for the buck. i have had xplods. my freiends have/had xplods. they sound like ****. if u want a big boom with no sound quality. get them :). if you want a real sub.. go best buy. and test out the subs on display..they should have a type r out.. and compare it to the others. :)
and most decks put out 50-52 watts a chan
alright i'll take you up on the best buy thing before i buy anything, i live pretty far away from best buy and other places like that.(boonies), but i def. will b4 i buy anything.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
teg_ownerBenito on Sep/13/07 said:
lol. id use that thing as a foot stool. probably put power through it and it would fry
lol, I was afraid of that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.