Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone (i know who did it) keyed my car the other night. They were not messing around when they did it either. They keyed the whole left side of my car 9 times. I know that my friends ex g/f was jealous of me and she decided to mess with my car. You just don't do that. I have no idea how much this is going to cost or if the whole side needs to be repainted. Also I have been told that the red will never match the same. So I am in a bit of a jam. I was actually thinking of maybe changing the whole color of the car. I am not sure though cuz that will really cost some $. Any ideas of how to get her back or quick fixes for my car? I live in the Central Florida region, so any good shops that you guys know of let me know. Thanks for the help, and pitty me every time I have to open my driver side door and see what a psycho girl can do to your pride and joy for no reason (I have never even met her). Thanks.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i think it gonna be more than 1000 if you wanna fix it, i just got quoted for more than 1000 by the body shop to fix some keying and scratches over my car, and mine is not as half as bad as u described. i only got keyed once from the gas door to the driver door(ended just before it)...but i know the price is negotiable though.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
yeah turn it int othe insurance company and tell them that she made the scratches on the other side(if any) than pick a color...to get her back ,well i don't really mess with that stuff but a potato in shoved in the tailpipe should do and maybe a little sugar in the gas tank, i wouldn't do this because its illegal but i day to get her back just catch her on tape doing domething and give it to the police.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i heard that a potato in the tailpipe doesn't really do anything...

·
Registered
301 Posts
after you get your brand new spankin paint job, find that girl, roll up to her w/ her ex-bf riding shotgun and say thanx b***h!! and just mash while your laughing out loud at her. this might make her come back and do something else...but this time youll be expecting her.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So, insurance will pay for a whole NEW paint job, ANY color that u want, and the price doesn't matter?

·
Registered
301 Posts
depends. if the damage is easily repairable, or didnt require a full new paint job, then they will only do that part, i.e. only the drivers door was keyed. but if it does require a full paint job, then you can pick what color you want, but you have to pay the deductible, usually 250 or 500 are common deductibles. oh yea price doesnt matter b/c you can pick any shop you want, so even custom paint jobs are acceptable. this also depends what kind of insurance coverage you have and whether or not the shop you picked handles insurance claims.

·
Registered
51 Posts
wow, i never knew that, so, someone could just key their own car really bad, and say someone else did it, then save thousands of dollars, and have insurance pay for a new paint job any color you want. I know it's inurance fraud, but it's almost impossible to prove that you did it yourself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
*****ES need to understand that messing with our cars especially if you kill your piggie bank to hook it up that messing with our cars to me is like f**king with my mother

·
Registered
122 Posts
go to the police and have them question her. that way if she admits to it...she'll have to pay!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thank all of you for your suggestions. I did call the Sheriff's dept that night and they told me that if she denied it (which she probably would) there was nothing more they could do. They talked to her that night and guess what??? SHE DENIED IT!!! Oh well, so you are saying that I could need a whole new paint job? Even though she only keyed 2 panels? I guess I need to get a hold of my ins company, but I dont want my rates going up. Well, I will let all of you know how this turns out. Thanks again for the help!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Some one asked if you could key your car yourself and turn into insurence and the answer is yes you can and chances are you won't get caught, but if you do insurence fraud is a felony and if you have a felony on your record you can never be a Dr or a lawyer also you have to check that damn little felony box on those stupid job applications.
Peace

1 - 17 of 17 Posts