Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
updated with pics. on page 2. updated with pics. on page 2.

well my friend removed my oem gsr spoiler from my car.. and then we tried to put on my itr spoiler.. today but then it ended up not fitting.. the itr spoiler is aftermarket from spoilerdepot.. but im not so sure its the spoiler thats the problem.. i think its the hatch is the thing thats f**ked up.. my friend says the holes on the aftermarket spoiler aren't drilled correctly.. and since a gsr comes with a spoiler already.. and since i got my car used.its making me and him think that they replaced my hatch with an LS or RS hatch, one that came without a spoiler.. and then drilled them in..
so here are some pics.. you experts out there tell me if me and him are right.. or is it just the spoiler..

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well after talking to bit of people who owned gsrs, i have just found out that this hatch came from an LS or RS that didn't have a spoiler in the first place.. then an aftermarket oem style spoiler was put on.. and so the bodyshop drilled holes in wrong places.. and now i have to bring it back to the shop and it'll end up costing alot more money

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
yea from the pic it look like they drill new holes and tried to match the paint because i looked at my hatch after looking at urs it look nothing like that
the only thing that i suggest doing is bondo the old holes and drill new 1 for the itr wing

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is it possible to drill through bondo without cracking it.. because from the looks of it.. they drilled like right next to the spot you're supposed to drill.. so sad..

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah the hatch has these two dots or something where you're supposed to drill.. but i guess they missed it.. if you look at the second picture closely you can see the spots where your'e supposed to drill still..

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
LSturbointeg on Feb/18/04 said:
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out those aren't the original holes for your oem wing...
Not everyone is an expert.

But yes, those are not factory drilled holes. If you can you should get a carfax and see if your car was in an accident.

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
this is the best way to find out if its a gsr hatch or a ls hatch. gsr hatches DO NOT have a 3rd brake light. ls hatches DO have a 3rd brake light,

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im thinking when they put on my oem spoiler they took off the brake light.. and this is an experienced bodyshop.. yeah the LS hatches have the factory spoiler mounting positions marked.. i can see them.. the holes that were made are like right nnext to it.. sigh.. i guess i can't do anything about it now but go get it fixed/welded or whatnot..

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
well the ls's have the 3rd brake light but its scewed into the rear window. thats where the two black circles come from. a gsr on the other hand doesnt have anything on the rear window except for a window wiper

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
updated with pics of new wing/spoiler yay !!
well i brought it to the bodyshop where i got my car from today and i talked to them about the spoiler not fitting so they drilled and fixed the holes and put it on my car free or charge
awesome shop.. comments welcome..
before:

after:

·
Super Moderator
14,200 Posts
Looks good. Really makes me want to get off my arse and get mine painted so I can put it on.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hmm i'll take more pics later.. they kinda just dremeled it cut it out a lil more and used big washers and alot of sealant.. to make sure water doesn't get in.. but yeah i like the new look.. and yeah no third brake light for now.. i gotta go find one.. anyone have a spare one they wanan sell

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.