Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I know, I know)

and after checking it out in my garage I noticed that they had sprayed my...radiator(?) and paint is now all over it and in the slits.

The general area

The crime

Is this something I need to worry about? I am disappointed in the sloppiness of the paint job and would definitely not recommend them.

They even took off my side moldings when they painted...and freakin' lost them!

·
Registered
904 Posts
You get what you pay for.

What I find interesting is the title of this thread, you open it you see (I know, I know) meaning you know what you got yourself into.......Then you complain about the work and how they lost stuff.

Interesting Huh?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Remember, maaco is a chain franchise -- every shop is different. Still, I've only heard bad things.

They also painted the inside of the bumper that is supposed to remain black, due to lack of masking.

It probably wont hurt it much, but I would certainly complain and try to get a new radiator or something, and of course the side skirts... that is inexcusable.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, you've had no idea the head-aches I've gone through with calling them.

I got my car painted almost 4 weeks ago and and the next day after it's painted I come back to get my side moldings and it seems the manager just took a 3-week vacation, is the only one who knows of where they are and can't be contacted.

Well, if the radiator is not too bad, I guess I won't freak too much, however I will still complain as I plan to make their days hell for screwing me.

Thanks, all.

·
Registered
303 Posts
lol, well done maaco. Does your coolant temp get hotter than it use to? Or does your A/C blower warmer than it did before? If your answer is no to both of those questions, then that overspray did affect anything. It seems the only way Maaco will ever be able to spray a car right, would be stripping your integra down to the unibody and have them paint it like that. and have them spray all your other stuff individually.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Came out looking good, mine is not bad on the exterior, its just that my attention to detail is extremely high and the littlest things bug me.

Now that you mention it, when I'm driving, my car used to stay down in the Cool part on the gauges but now it's a little warmer, not up to the middle, but about halfway from Cool to the middle.

=/

·
Registered
303 Posts
Towyne on Sep/27/07 said:
Came out looking good, mine is not bad on the exterior, its just that my attention to detail is extremely high and the littlest things bug me.

Now that you mention it, when I'm driving, my car used to stay down in the Cool part on the gauges but now it's a little warmer, not up to the middle, but about halfway from Cool to the middle.

=/
You can try to clean it off with paint thinner, just be careful not to bend the fins or to get that paint thinner on your bumper. You should take care of it asap, it could cause problems later on. I'm not saying it will, buts its possible.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
My town has a good macco, just wish I didn't total my car 2weeks after paint job, wanted to see how long it would last!
My Macco Story

Macco wont fix itif he takes it back, I bet you $100.. lol

but that is true you get what you pay for!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Towyne on Sep/28/07 said:
Yea, you've had no idea the head-aches I've gone through with calling them.

I got my car painted almost 4 weeks ago and and the next day after it's painted I come back to get my side moldings and it seems the manager just took a 3-week vacation, is the only one who knows of where they are and can't be contacted.

Well, if the radiator is not too bad, I guess I won't freak too much, however I will still complain as I plan to make their days hell for screwing me.

Thanks, all.
If it's a chain don't call just that store, call the main building.. The one windsheild company screw'd me and i called the main chain and they are clearing it up. they bought me all new trim, floor mats etc.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.