Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE oN PAGE 3

my teg officially dead @ 8:33AM..i was starting from a stop, pushed the clutch in and put it in first and took off and BAM! there goes my tranny,i (not my clutch)cant get any gears at all and here i am coasting in the middle of the intersection..

thank god it was on a downhill slope or i would have been f'd. my input shaft bearing is bad and my engine just got swapped and the tranny has 260,000 mi on it vs. a 77,000 mi engine..

so now im in the hunt for a new tranny..considering i needed one any way since my sycnro's are going bad and not to mention the input shaft bearing and my release bearing..so just wanted to vent here and im really ticked off..no car at all..

now i gotta catch the cheez wagon every morning. im lookin for a b16 or gsr tranny if anyone knows someone who has one for sale

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well guys its not my tranny thank god..even thou i need a new one anyway , and btw im still lookin for one if anyone knows someone who's selling theirs. but anyhow, yea me and my buddies took off the drivers side wheel so we could get the inner fender liner out because we were taking out my a/c drier..and in the process i was like wholy sh*t..ive never seen something snap like that just under a normal take off.

i have pics and i will post them later..but in this time we managed to take the whole drive axle out and inspect all the bearings..it seemes to be there was already a crack in the axle because it was all rusted and chipped inside of the boot..(pics will show that better) but my teg is still up on jacks and with the bumper off..

well guys im soo glad i dont have to fork out a but load of money for a new tranny..the bad thing is that autozone doesnt take core charges on snapped axles..

so im going to the junkyard, finding one and using that one so i dont have to pay 130+..i would get OEM but i really cant..im really hurting for money since im young and dumb and waste it on other things..but im out..peace guys

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey man thanks alot..that seems to be a good deal..but where could i get the casing for it? would that be something hard to do?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I think you can use YOUR current casing. I'm not positive on this, but I see no real reason why this wouldn't work. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this. My reasoning is that all b-series trannys bolt up to all b-series blocks. You can interchange the gears within the cases and trannys, so I just feel the housing is the same or very close with concern to them all.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dougw101 on Feb/21/04 said:
I think you can use YOUR current casing. I'm not positive on this, but I see no real reason why this wouldn't work. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this. My reasoning is that all b-series trannys bolt up to all b-series blocks. You can interchange the gears within the cases and trannys, so I just feel the housing is the same or very close with concern to them all.
good point..this would really be a steal if i could just take out all the gears and swap them into the ls casing..wouldnt that be sweet..if course that price will go up later on when theres like 10 min left but i dont think it will get up that high.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I asked the seller what happened:

Nhia Xiong said:
shipping will be 180.00 ship with ups..it was running
good but i was hit buy a truck on the front driver
side and wreck my whole car..i have many other parts
thanks let me know if i can help you
Just passing that along if you wanted the info...

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here are some pics from the "operation"

Me and my buddies (danny and grason) helped me out alot.

The teg

Picture tells it all

and for u 56k guys.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dougw101 on Feb/21/04 said:
I asked the seller what happened:

Quote: Nhia Xiongshipping will be 180.00 ship with ups..it was running good but i was hit buy a truck on the front driver
side and wreck my whole car..i have many other parts
thanks let me know if i can help you
Just passing that along if you wanted the info...
hey man thanks alot for that info..i appreciate it..maybe i can get a loan from someone cause i really need this and this would be the right time to do it.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
heres what me and my buddies and my dad thinks about this..can u all see the rust where the axle broke? it seems like it's been wearing out and it has been cracked or had a defect in it..because why else would it rust in there while the other portions of the inside of the axle id fine? so we are thinkin it was cracked for a good while.. and it finally just went..what do you all think?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
here are some more pics..

Just a higher shot

Weight reductions,im selling all a/c parts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
could anyone tell me what would cause this the first crack or whatever happened, to happen? because that rust is in there so something had to happen..is it just because of the high mileage or what?

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Any part will break/wear out if it isn't replaced when it should be.
That is a strange place for it to give out though.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea ive heard thats a weird place for it to break..but its all good.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.