Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
does it have a 2.5" collector also?

how is it different than the B18C header?

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Does the header hang lower than the tranny case? I notice that it does on B18C's.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That header has a 2-1/4" collector. Tube sizes are different than the B18C1 header.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Very cool piece for the B18b guys. What type of engine package is this designed for Dave?

I presume that those pics are from RJ's HC car? He needs to the ditch that CF tapered intake....stunting his power in the mid-upper rpms.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah I talked to Ryan and he basically said it's a long header.

he's using a 5 in. long testpipe and the stock exhaust Bpipe length for his aftermaket exhaust (no cutting) and that there's no way that a cat would fit in there without making some changes to the exhaust Bpipe. You have to get the Bpipe cut and adjusted lengthwise but it's well worth the hassle given the flow improvement for the upper powerband without any low-mid rpm part throttle compromises.

Ryan's running the car in the Honda Challenge H4 class (i.e. road racing) with a testpipe...meaning that if you're mostly daily driving with this header, please use a cat and make the exhaust length adjustments (? SMSP b18b exhaust or have a local muffler shop cut the Bpipe to length on your current exhaust and reweld the flange back on).

This is the first 1.8L b18b hybrid header to my knowledge that is made to work with the b18b i/h/c/e na crowd.

you folks with nonVTEC 1.8L NA have an alternative to the 4-1 vs 4-2-1 dilema now. you don't have to sacrifice one end of the powerband for the other. Something the VTEC guys have long known with all the hybrid headers available for them on the market.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The custom bends I have for this header were spec'd for the ITA/H4 engine set ups, i.e. stock everything IM, TB, cams, pistons but only a Blueprint and balanced engine.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
DC4KiD on Feb/05/06 said:
Does the header hang lower than the tranny case? I notice that it does on B18C's.
I would like to know the answer. I'd really appreciate it.

TIA

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DC4KiD on Feb/05/06 said:

here are some old pics that I had from my hard drive on SMSP header ground clearance and oil pan/tranny clearance shots of the primaries on the 1 piece & 2 piece GSR SMSP header previously posted on the net.

this is what DC4KiD is talking about in the quote above.

I think Dave measures on an actual b18b block and then cuts to size but he can talk about that in more detail better than I can.

The one thing you notice from his designs is how the primaries are lined up in a row and then hugs the pan and tranny as close as possible to get the most ground clearance available. It's a tight precise fit but made to measure exactly like a custom suit made to fit right with no wasted gaps. You'd expect this from a custom header builder compared to a mass produced header...it's like getting a custom made to fit suit from a tailor compared to an off the rack suit from the dept store.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
perfect timing!

Any dynosheets or any word on the improvments/effects to the engine?

Also saw this on the bottom of the header link about new SMSP Soft Step header. Soft step? What does that entail?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.