Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1998 GSR with JDM B18C swap.

I noticed my car smoking from the exhaust whilst stopped at a light yesterday.

Note: The car had been sitting for about two weeks and I only ever drive it 10-30minutes at a time. It has been raining a lot lately as well.

Today I ran the car at idle for 30 minutes at 50 degrees outside temperature. A constant stream of white smoke with a brown tint is exiting from the exhaust. Water droplets were also exiting the exhaust during the complete duration of the test. The temperature gauge read slightly under middle during the whole test and did not move. After the car cooled down I checked the fluids and no coolant or oil was lost and there is no CEL.

The amount of smoke exiting the exhaust is almost identical to the car shown in this video: https://youtu.be/Ii41mMfeu08
Any help is appreciated it.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Does it smoke more when you drive it? That much smoke when its humid outside is pretty normal. If you get larger puffs of smoke or start noticing that you are eating coolant then you have an issue. Does it run odd or respond oorly? if not i wouldnt be concerned at the moment.

Reactions: Frany

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it smoke more when you drive it? That much smoke when its humid outside is pretty normal. If you get larger puffs of smoke or start noticing that you are eating coolant then you have an issue. Does it run odd or respond oorly? if not i wouldnt be concerned at the moment.
You're right. Just took it on an hour long drive and it didn't smoke at all when I was done. Sorry....just OCD when it comes to smoke from the exhaust because my last car blew its headgasket in stunning fashion.

Mods please close/delete this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts